UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Strained Oblique?

5/5/08 11:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I strained my left oblique. I have pain from my lower ribs in the back (under the lat) to my hip bone, and from my floating ribs to my hip bone.

I had a hard KB workout on Thursday, lots of turkish get ups and windmills. Friday my midsection was pretty sore, but I rolled for about an hour. Towards the end I got an abdominal muscle cramp. I don't remember any other pains.

I noticed my ribs hurt about an hour after rolling and the next morning I was in pretty bad pain. 3 days later and the pain is still intense.

Anyone ever strain their oblique before? How long is the recovery? I leave for Thailand in 7 weeks and need to be 100%...
10/20/08 4:49 AM
ManOfThePeepHole
1579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

psoas muscle imo..stretches work wonders
10/21/08 1:30 AM
JasonE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be obliques, could be quadratus lumborum, could be psoas, could be all of the above and some others too. You need a good therapist to help you figure it out and start the rehab process.

I recommend a good manual therapist certified in any/all of the following: osteopathy, physical therapy, neuromuscular therapy, strain counterstrain, positional release, active isolated stretching, orthopedic massage. Hands-on work is most likely to give the quickest results.

Following up with appropriate light stretching and exercise will complete the process. The worse the strain, the more treatments you'll need.

Good news is that I've seen some dramatic improvements in just 2-4 treatments spaced 5-8 days apart. You might well be 100% before your trip.

Good luck! It shouldn't be hard to find a good manual therapist if you ask some good questions before making an appointment.

Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com
10/21/08 8:47 AM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was 6 months ago. I went to my Chiro/Art guy and he popped a rib back in place. Been fine since...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.