UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> Digital Cameras?

5/6/08 3:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this is primarily photoshop, but I figured there would be overlap. I'm going to have about 1k to pick up a decent digital camera. I love traveling and recently got sold on taking pics with better cameras by my dad who is using a nikon d40x.

In this price range is there a superior buy? What features should I look for. Lenses? Extras?
5/8/08 1:34 AM
Ensanity
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I could help but TTT for you
9/19/08 1:50 PM
JimmersonzGlove
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahred_NHB has a great tutorial thread on the OG and he helped me out with chosing a digi cam. I bought a 12.2 megapixel Canon Rebel....it's real easy to use and good quality. It ran about $800. I want to buy a wide angle lense though and don't really know what to get.
9/28/08 10:34 AM
big_slacker
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I already have a digital elph point and shoot. I've had an interest in photography since high school when I took a class. I've been in a darkroom developed my own pics, know a LITTLE about lighting, composition, etc..... I want a little more control than the P&S cameras offer.

And BTW-The superior buy in this price range is the nikon d60 or d90. You can get a d60 kit with an 18-55mm lens, bag, chargers, extra battery, tripod, filters, etc... for under 1k.
10/7/08 10:30 PM
Crooklyn
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/07/08 10:30 PM
TapouT Radio, Host
I have a Canon EOS Xsi.  It's 12.2 MP and is a DSLR.  The Nikon D40 is only 6.1 MP, but is a very good camera.  If you have a grand to invest, go with the Nikon D80 or a Canon 40D.

12/30/08 2:35 PM
solaris9
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get the D80 at least...I lean toward this over the 40D just cause I'm a Nikon shooter but hey...they are all awesome. If someone gave me a Hasselblad I would not turn it down :)
1/12/09 2:02 PM
conflictfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conflict Fightgear
 I just got a D60 and I love it.  I bought a zoom lense and a real flash to go with it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.