UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> All-American Week 2008

5/6/08 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jeff Yurk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fort Bragg Combat MMA, Coach

Hola All.

The 82nd Airborne Division 2008 All-American Week is kicking off on the 19th of May. The Combatives Event will be run from the 19th-21st. We expect the most competitors ever in a Army Combatives Event.

The 19th and 20th are the Standard matches and Semi-Finals, with the 21st being the Advanced Rules Finals at Ritz-Epps gym starting at 1600.

If you are in the area (or not), you are more than welcome to attend. It should be a very good event.

Yurk

5/7/08 10:50 AM
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi jeff. if you get a chance would you please shoot me an e-mail mafjkdimdc@aol.com

I hope you can help me out.
JM.
5/13/08 6:42 PM
Jeff Yurk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe,

E-mail sent.

Matt it going tobe your best POC on this one.

5/15/08 6:02 AM
CQCintheCage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/15/08 6:02 AM
SpartanEntertainmentGroup, Matchmaker
TTT for ft bragg combatives. I'm excited to see the advanced rules coming on base. Jeff send me or will an email at spartanentertainmentgroup@gmail.com, We'd love to maybe sponsor if possible for our show.
5/16/08 5:52 PM
Jeff Yurk

We are all registered and ready to go on Monday morning. We have 268 Paratroopers competing in this event.

All the Way!

5/21/08 10:27 PM
Jeff Yurk

Well, after 3 days with over 500 fights and 268 competitors, the 2008 All-American Week Combatives Championships came to a close.

As always good to see Dave Rogers, Matt, and everyone who made it down. We hd about 2000 spectators by the time the finals got going.

I am tired as can be, and on my way to the hospital. My wife had our baby during the break on day #2.

Jeff

5/21/08 11:51 PM
Normal MT

Hey Jeff,

Great time was had by all. You really have to get a picture of Murphy's opponent's left thigh and post it on this thread. (Matt said he told that NY reporter to go up there and get a good picture of it too)

That was 3-4 fabulous thai kicks landing so hard, it echoed off the back wall of the gymnasium.

Congrats on the new baby, your a busy fella.

Dave

5/27/08 3:44 AM
macpfighter

Jeff,

First, congrats on the new baby! That's awesome. Second, congrats on the huge event! Over 500 fights and 268 competitors is incredible. I'm glad to see you're continuing to build the program there at Bragg. Your post is a true success story for MACP. Hope all is well with you and your family.

From the sandbox,
Jimm
5/27/08 3:59 PM
Jeff Yurk

JB,

Great to hear from you. Glad you are still alive and kicking! Shoot me your address on AKO and I will make sure you get anything you need sent to you.

It was a good event, I was very happy with our first large scale Advanced Rules event here at Bragg. The future looks bright.

I am leaving the program this summer to go on to other things. It has been an excellent run, but it is time to go back to the regular Army. One of my replacements started Level III today.

Talk to you soon,

Jeff

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.