UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Career advice for law students?

5/8/08 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheDigitalRuler
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At my law school, the average graduate lands a full-time (40-50 hours a week) job which pays about $80k per year. While that may work for most people, I think I would be MUCH happier if I could work like 30 hours per week and make like $45-$50k.

Are there any career paths where that sort of thing would be an option?

5/8/08 2:34 AM
jbapk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol nice

I know a few people who essentially work out of their homes reviewing documents and doing consulting work. They work full time, but if they limited the work they took they'd be in the criteria.

There is probably non-profits or small time government work, through the 30 hours might be hard.
5/9/08 7:04 AM
Cookie Monster
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a friend who has a solo practice wherein he only does title searches and abuse and neglect hearings... kind of weird mix, but the point is this... he has an office deal where his overhead is next to NOTHING. He nets between $80-90K every year and works probably 30 hrs /wk
5/11/08 10:32 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Public Defender.
5/13/08 12:24 AM
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol@40-50 hours being anything close to full time

slacker

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.