UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> ? for Republicans not in favor of McCain

5/8/08 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pretjah
871 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

okay...i'm not really a fan of mccain and really am leaning on not even voting cause i can't support any presidential nominee

however  is there a possible VP he could name that would sway you?

and are there any front runners out there right now?

5/8/08 5:49 PM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he names Huckabee that would be great.
5/8/08 5:52 PM
Pretjah
871 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as i said on teh other thread...i'd love this but doubt it will happen

if i had to make a completely random guess i'd say mccain will go after the moderates and undecided democrats and name lieberman

5/8/08 5:53 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hillary.. they seem to love her for some reason.

5/8/08 8:05 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretjah - 

as i said on teh other thread...i'd love this but doubt it will happen

if i had to make a completely random guess i'd say mccain will go after the moderates and undecided democrats and name lieberman

I suggested this on a thread awhile back but there is no way its happening.

5/8/08 8:08 PM
Pretjah

i doubt it will..honestly i think he won't pull someone with as big a name as he has right now...i figure the best strategy is to picka  state he doesnt' think he can win on his own but needs to win and pull a big name from that state

5/8/08 8:18 PM
hubris
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McCain/Hillary would be big for the warmongers
5/8/08 8:18 PM
Scramslam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, I most likely will not vote for McCain, because he's too liberal. However, if he picked a good conservative, I would vote for him , and pray JM would die. Eg. Newt Gingrich, Tom Delay, Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul, and several others.
5/8/08 8:20 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Newt Gingrich? LOL.  This is the guy who was demanding we go to war with North Korea before they nuke San Fransico. 

5/8/08 8:23 PM
hubris
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"This is the guy who was demanding we go to war with North Korea before they nuke San Fransico."

I guess the North Koreans don't like gays either
5/8/08 8:26 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'd think Newt would be all for nuking SF.

5/8/08 8:49 PM
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - "This is the guy who was demanding we go to war with North Korea before they nuke San Fransico."

I guess the North Koreans don't like gays either

If they didnt like gays, they could always move to Iran where everyone knows there are none.

I think McCain has to go pretty far to the right with his selection. He is already moderate on some of the issues that they should go to the right in order to secure their base. I would love to see the Liebe in there, but I dont see it happening.
5/8/08 8:51 PM
Scramslam

Newt has been saying some crazier stuff lately, but he has been one of the most solid conservatives in the last 20 years.
5/8/08 9:55 PM
tonyinnewcastle

Pat Buchannan. Otherwise I'm votin Libertarian.
5/8/08 11:03 PM
Chris in Cambridge

however is there a possible VP he could name that would sway you?

No.
5/8/08 11:17 PM
Dratherbe

lol. McCain doesn't need Lieberman to pick up conservative Dems. Both Hillary and Obama are going to have major problems with the Dem Base. McCain will pick up a decent portion of the Dem vote.

McCain needs help solidifying the conservative base. The guy is a blue-blood, free-spending, country-club Republican. If he's smart, he'll pick a conservative.
5/8/08 11:31 PM
asdf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the exception of defense, Lieberman votes Democrat all the way. He's not that conservative. It's not like a Sam Nunn or nothing.
5/9/08 12:05 AM
Scramslam

true^ Joe Liebs is quite lib other than the war

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.