UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> making a training knife

5/9/08 4:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TylerJamesMead
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what about making a training knife by grinding and sanding a military knife or an old folder down to safety- is it the same as an aluminum one- somebody once tole me its a bad idea
5/12/08 3:35 AM
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/12/08 3:36 AM
Tyler. That works, round off the tip and grind off the edge and you are good. Forget the folder. use straight blade. Also try to find a blade that is a trainer and a match to the one you would carry. Same with a fire arm. your trainer should match your carry weapon.
6/13/08 7:42 PM
psychoslasher

Dude, just go to Lowes and buy a piece of aluminum. A piece that is roughly 4 feet(I believe) will cost about 5 bucks. Take a saw, cut it into the shape you want, get a file and shape it the way you want. If you have an electric grinder, it will be a piece of cake. Drill two holes and you can make a shoe string handle.

I did this the other week and made identical trainers to the ones people sell online for like $15. You can make about 4 aluminum trainers for about $5. It takes some work but I did all my shaping with a hacksaw to get the shape and then just did the final smoothing with a file and electric grinder.

Piece of cake. I've already made a few trainers that are exact replicas of the blades that I carry.
1/4/09 6:00 AM
laqueus

Best idea for a cheap training knife I've had is go to a grocery store and get one of those knife shaped spatulas. $7. Does the trick. Won't cause the same bruising as a metal one though.

If I had anything resembling a workshop and tools though I'd love to custom make some training knives though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.