UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Breaking 80

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/10/08 5:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
erikmfx
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/10/08 6:40 AM

Damn I've been knocking at the door for some time but haven't crossed that threshhold yet.  I've had at least a dozen rounds in the 80s in the last year.  My closest attempts: I shot an 84 at Angel Park in Vegas and had 3 doubles in the round and a tripled on 18.  Shot an 83 at Santa Anita in L.A. and missed 6 or 7 par putts (most in the 10 - 30 foot range).   Shot an 82 at Alhamba in CA and 3-putted TWO eagle putts.  But my worst one ever:  I shot an 81 at Eastmoreland in Portland, and I would have had a 79 but I hit a TC Chen.  I SO didn't want to count it but hey, it fucking happened and it has to fucking count god damn it.

Just for reference, a TC Chen is when you hit the ball twice on one swing. Usually it's from a bunker shot or heavy rough lie.  Your follow-through accidentally hits the  ball again.  Technically, it's a one shot penalty, BUT you've hit the ball twice already, so it is 3 shots on one swing.  Damn that still burns me up!

Anyone have a memorable first time they broke 80?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.