UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Racism alarms Obama's backers

5/13/08 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White347LX - It's a real article and it's entire purpose is to say, "You must vote for Obama in order to prove that you are not a racist".

No, IMO it says "if you don't even give him a chance due to his color, you're racist".   It didn't try and tie people in who don't think he's experienced enough or who were offended by Wright or whatever to being racist.  These were straight up "I don't want no darky" types who surprised these campaign workers

5/13/08 11:23 AM
Trust
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The campaign released this statement in response to questions about encounters with racism: 'After campaigning for 15 months in nearly all 50 states, Barack Obama and our entire campaign have been nothing but impressed and encouraged by the core decency, kindness, and generosity of Americans from all walks of life. The last year has only reinforced Senator Obama's view that this country is not as divided as our politics suggest.'"

Is this what you're getting at, jimmy23?

5/13/08 11:25 AM
jimmy23
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"

Really? What message do you see in this article? I see two messages."

I see one "messege" - ther are still soem had core racists out here who hate Obama because h is half black

crazy folks often see hidden meanings in things that are clear, like this article. Doing so says a lot more about your state of mind than it does the story

5/13/08 11:32 AM
jimmy23
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, it means I read news stories and comprehend what they actualy say

5/13/08 11:35 AM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BubbleBass - 

Wow - a I thought they would wait until later in the summer to play the race card.

You thought the Washington Post would wait longer to play the race card?   Obama's camp has pretty continually stated that the vast majority of their experiences have been very positive.   Or are you implying that the Obama camp planted this story in the Post.

5/13/08 11:35 AM
shen
632 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are gonna think I'm full of B.S., but I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE Obama was black until reading that article.

Seriously.

I guess I was raised to not se "colors", just people.

Is Hillary Black? Seriously, I couldn't tell you --not that I care!
5/13/08 11:50 AM
jimmy23

"

And this is "news" to you Jimmy?"

of course not, but whether it news to me isnt the pointof the story, now is it?

5/13/08 12:01 PM
Rolamos
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White347LX- Racist much? just admit it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.