UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Mild Groin Pull, But It's Killing My Guard!

5/13/08 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shadallion
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know when it happened, but suddenly I can't squeeze my legs together very hard, I can't climb my legs up while I've got the opponent in my guard, and I'm so slow that I can't get my legs up for a triangle before the guy passes. It doesn't hurt hardly at all after a day's rest, but as soon as I start doing BJJ, it hurts more and more with each passing minute on the mat.

What advice can anyone offer? I took 1.5 weeks off, felt perfectly fine, then went back on the mat and the exact same thing happened.
5/17/08 4:53 AM
ashleigh11
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

work on your butterfly guard.
5/20/08 12:39 PM
shadallion
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this points I've been out for two weeks. I'm now starting to jog in the mornings and I may try some kettlebelling tonight.

This blows. And of course I continue to pay $140 month while NOT training.
7/26/08 4:22 AM
JasonE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like you've strained some stuff... could be adductors, hip rotators, hip flexors, all of the above... probably some other stuff too. See a good massage therapist or Active Isolated Stretching practitioner if you are completely certain nothing is torn and you're only dealing with a strain.

Best wishes for quick recovery!
Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com
8/18/08 5:55 AM
owlfeeder
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dealt with recurring groin injuries for a good 2 years. then i started doing laying adduction (lay on your side and lift the 'down leg' repeatedly) to warm up, and one legged squats and now have no problems.

got to stengthen the adductors after taking some time off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.