UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> RIP to THoughtful COnservatives

5/27/08 8:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crazy Zimmerman
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you say Obama appeases like Chamberlain did, and then you cannot site any examples of Chamberlain appeasing, you wind up looking like the douchebag on matthews show.  He was reduced to a stuttering, blubbering idiot and got bitchslapped for his ignorance.

Bro, it's ok if the guy came off looking bad.  You don't have to defend him so much.  Can you just admit that he was unprepared to defend his statement?

Sheesh.

5/27/08 8:58 AM
jimmy23
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok, basic history

what was the issue with czechoslovakia? What claim did hitler make on it, why, and what US presidents policies had given him every excuse to make this claim?

5/27/08 9:01 AM
jimmy23
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*waits while Marines1 runs to wikipedia"

5/27/08 9:02 AM
jimmy23

"Britain and France pursued a policy of appeasement in the hope that Hitler would not drag Europe into another world war"

so, you are saying the exact same thing the guy on the video said, wow

5/27/08 9:05 AM
Trust
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's right, all the conservatives got together and voted that guy to be their official spokesperson and representative. 

5/27/08 9:10 AM
jimmy23

Trust obviously didnt bother to read the editorial

5/27/08 9:49 AM
Information
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have yet to meet or read any of these who can even come close to Buchannans knowledge of history. they are skilled sophists, nothin more. One of them even posts here on a regular basis, although he claims to be a democrat

LOL

I PWN! you without even having to post!
5/27/08 11:51 AM
jimmy23

"I PWN! you without even having to post!"

what do you mean ;)

5/27/08 11:52 AM
jimmy23

btw, thanks to whoever moved this thread back

5/27/08 12:00 PM
Trust
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimmy23 - 

Trust obviously didnt bother to read the editorial

I did read it.  Just because the author tries to "pre-empt" the "he doesn't represent all conservatives" response with that "conservatives used to be about" stuff still doesn't make it true. That's basically a second erroneous statement, aka strawman.

If I'm missing something else you'll have to point it out to me specifically.

5/27/08 12:08 PM
jimmy23

trust, in the past,  to of my favorite writers were george will and bill buckly. They were prominan in the media.

Now the media has changed, and with it the "conservative" voices that are most influential. today th Rush Limbaughs and his ilk are the public face of conservatism. This is sad, honestly,  as I see a lot to admire in reagan conservatism.

I think the right is a victim of its own success

5/27/08 12:17 PM
Information

The editorial is basically sound and fury, signifying nothing. Harping on this man's ignorance of Chamberlain's actions prior to WWII is an easy excuse to ignore the extremely large gaps in logic that Obama's proposed foreign policy suffers from.

As for claiming that this man's appearance on Chris Matthew's show somehow invalidates the work of George Will et. al., LOL.

Dude, you do know that George Will is still writing, right?
5/27/08 12:21 PM
jimmy23

"Harping on this man's ignorance of Chamberlain's actions prior to WWII is an easy excuse to ignore the extremely large gaps in logic that Obama's proposed foreign policy suffers from."

hehe, lol, you are a wonderful sophist, as no one has mentioned Obama here until you did. Nice way to try to divert attention from the issue

of course George will is still writing, but he is far from being as recognizable to the mainstrem conservative movement as he used to be. Ann Coulter and Bill o reilly sell more books and get more TV time (in coulters case, O reilly has his own show

"As for claiming that this man's appearance on Chris Matthew's show somehow invalidates the work of George Will et. al., LOL."

who claimed that?

5/27/08 12:26 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Info, you've said repeatedly that you would talk with Iran.  What "extremely large gaps" are there in Obama's foreign policy?

5/27/08 12:42 PM
Information

hehe, lol, you are a wonderful sophist, as no one has mentioned Obama here until you did. Nice way to try to divert attention from the issue

Uh...

Chris Mattews and Kevin James mentioned Obama.

But I can tell you like your new word for me. "Sophist". That sounds very urbane, Jimmy.

of course George will is still writing, but he is far from being as recognizable to the mainstrem conservative movement as he used to be. Ann Coulter and Bill o reilly sell more books and get more TV time (in coulters case, O reilly has his own show

So when was this "Golden Age" of Conservatism when "serious" people Will and Buckley dominated the narrative while political pundits such as O'Reilly were relegated to obscurity?

You're as ignorant on this thread as James was on Hardball.

who claimed that?

Thread title: RIP to THoughtful COnservatives

So George Will is dead? He doesn't have a widely-read column in the Washington Post?

Wow.
5/27/08 12:48 PM
ThugLife

To compare Chamberlain and Obama requires a very large leap of faith, regardless of how inexperienced Obama might be regarding foreign policy.
5/27/08 12:58 PM
Information

Info, you've said repeatedly that you would talk with Iran. What "extremely large gaps" are there in Obama's foreign policy?

Let's dispense with the obvious, first. I do not support his desire to withdraw from Iraq without first securing the country. Obama's belief that we can have a phased withdrawal over 16 months and still maintain stability in the country is misguided.

Second, Obama advocates talks without pre-condition. I can not and would not support this. If Iran wants to be a mature, responsible player in the ME and in the world (a goal that I believe should be the right of every nation to pursue) then it needs to begin acting like it. That means that we will not hold talks until Iran stops any and all military/political/economic assistance in Iraq except where it has the express permission of the Iraqi government. That means that we will not hold talks until its leaders stop threatening Israel.
5/28/08 5:24 AM
jimmy23

"You're as ignorant on this thread as James was on Hardball."

well, maybe you arent as good a sophist as I gave you credit for

"Thread title: RIP to THoughtful COnservatives

So George Will is dead?"

youre getting weak.....

let me know when george will is a widely read as Ann (the man) Coulter......

5/28/08 12:04 PM
jimmy23

youre guessing? I would be more interested in actual numbers. Im going to lunch, so if you can find out then psot the results.

5/28/08 1:11 PM
Information

Edited: 05/28/08 1:14 PM
well, maybe you arent as good a sophist as I gave you credit for

Non-answer.

youre getting weak.....

Another non-answer.

let me know when george will is a widely read as Ann (the man) Coulter......

LOL

Jimmy starts with the presumption that Coulter is more widely read and then insists that others prove him right or wrong.

Lazy.
5/28/08 1:15 PM
Information

info is plain out laying it at your all feet that he's trolling. come on og...when will you all learn? i wouldnt be suprised if info and marines1 are the same person.

Armbreaker,

Stop harassing me.
5/28/08 1:47 PM
jimmy23

" If I do the research and am right, what will it prove with respect to your larger argument?"

it will show who has the larger voice in th modern conservative movement

information you are off your game today

5/28/08 2:08 PM
jimmy23

I stand corrected

5/28/08 2:09 PM
Information

Edited: 05/28/08 2:09 PM
it will show who has the larger voice in th modern conservative movement

Great.

George Will has a bi-monthly column in Newsweek and a bi-weekly column in the Washington Post.

Newsweek's weekly audience: 19,000,000

Washington Post's daily audience: 1,618,200

information you are off your game today

My 50% game > your 100% game.

5/28/08 2:11 PM
Information

I guess the thoughtful conservative isn't RIP.

Jimmy's thread RIP.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.