UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> 50 games (or so..) Rate your team

5/26/08 6:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cousin Eddie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/26/08 7:02 PM

Most everybody's played at least 50 games, should be plenty of games to start drawing some conclusions. How's your squad doing? What do you love/hate about them? Postseason? Let's hear it!

HOUSTON ASTROS

Offense has been very good; 4th in the NL in Runs, 4th in HR, 3rd in Doubles, 1st in BA/RISP and Steals. Tejada-Berkman-Lee-Pence might be the best 3-6 in baseball. Michael Bourn and JR Towles have struggled for most of the year, but have shown flashes of starting to "get it".

Pitching has been a surprise. The rotation has been better than I had expected outside of Oswalt, who has not been nearly as good as I would have hoped. Chacon and Moehler have been adaequate. Sampson has struggled, and Backe has had some really good starts. The bullpen needs help though; outside of Valverde and Brocail, the only guy who hasn't struggled much is Geoff Geary (who's hurt). I thought going in that the starting pitching would be bad and the bullpen would be a strength, so far it's been kind of the opposite. Once Wandy Rodriguez comes back, he should help take some workload off for them.

Defensively, they're decent. On the bases, they're very good; they're very aggressive (lead the NL in steals) and don't run into outs.

A game and a half out of 1st, they're in good shape. If Rodriguez comes back strong and Oswalt figures it out, they should contend well into August.
6/2/08 7:23 PM
Hawkeyefan

Tejada-Berkman-Lee-Pence might be the best 3-6 in baseball.

I hate to break it to you, but they aren't even the best 3-6 in their division.

6/17/08 2:56 PM
ChangoBravo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chicago Cubs

They are doing a fantastic job in every facet of the game!!

I worry though.

1. Lack of depth in every position, could make for a loooong second half of the season!

2. Soriano out for at least 6 weeks! Ugh!

I'm riding high right now, but I've been a Cubs fan for 33 years. I'm used to disappointment!

Chango
6/18/08 12:08 PM
shadetree

^^

Don't forget that Piniella has a losing record in the Post season.

23-24 .489 Winning Pct.
6/18/08 2:58 PM
ChangoBravo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why don't you just give me a paper cut, and pour lemon juice in it?!?!

Chango
6/18/08 4:33 PM
Cousin Eddie

"Don't forget that Piniella has a losing record in the Post season.

23-24 .489 Winning Pct."

Bobby Cox is barely .500 (66-64).....does that make him a good manager because he's managed 130 postseason games, a bad manager because he only managed to win 1 WS in the 186 straight years the Braves won the NL East? Or just a so-so manager because he's lost ALMOST as many times as he's won?
6/23/08 8:42 AM
ChangoBravo

Ozzie Guillens Sox just got Swept!!!

We'll go ahead and take care of the Orioles this week at home and then take 2 out of 3 from them again on the Southside!!

Chango
7/3/08 3:59 PM
shadetree

"Or just a so-so manager because he's lost ALMOST as many times as he's won?"

Most braves fans think Bobby Cox has underachieved with the talent he has had.
7/15/08 8:13 PM
ChangoBravo

A bit like humble pie.

However, we are riding high again!!!

I want to revise my prediction of Cubs and Rays in the World Series. I think now perhaps the Cubs and Angels!

Chango
7/18/08 7:46 AM
WrestlingSucks
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texas Rangers

Batting: Off the charts. It's almost like watching a video game the way they hit the ball.

Pitching: Really bad. It's almost like watching a video game the way they give away hits.
10/9/08 3:50 PM
shadetree

"I want to revise my prediction of Cubs and Rays in the World Series. I think now perhaps the Cubs and Angels!"

No, and No again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.