UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Help. Need Boxing/Muay Thai/MMA training in Tokyo?

5/29/08 8:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigD13B
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Japanese forums brothers...

I've been here in Tokyo for a bit more than 2 years training wrestling at Kokushikan University in prep for the Olympics. Unfortunately I came second at the qualifiers and won't be going to Beijing. So now I'm setting my sights to return to fighting MMA. I know there's plenty of places in Tokyo, but I'm looking for something local if possible, and somewhere I could train with heavyweights. Especially somewhere I could do boxing or muay thai with someone tall.

I'm 6'5" and about 110kg 240lbs. I live near Keio/odakyu Nagayama station. I train BJJ at Axisjj in Meidaimae, so obviously am willing to travel a bit. I'm a purple belt in BJJ and have been training Muay Thai and Boxing for years, but will be rusty as I've been concentrating on wrestling so much for the last 2 years.

So yeah, any helpfull advice people can offer me would be great!
5/29/08 9:33 AM
jibjab
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey BigD,..

Mate, you train at AXIS?..man! You probably walk right past GUTSMAN Shooto gym everytime!. They have plenty of good guys there but unsure of weights. Last time I trained there, I was wrestling with a big guy...well I'm 76kgs and he was around 90kgs easy, so that's big for me.

I'll look into it for you and get back to you here about it.

- Juggs
5/29/08 10:01 AM
bigD13B
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers man. Yeah I've heard of Gutsman before and knew it was at Meidaimae station. But never been there.

Looking forward to any info you can provide.
6/20/08 1:01 AM
bigD13B

Edited: 06/20/08 1:02 AM
Hey man

Thanks heaps this is exactly the sort of info I was after! I would love to get your friends contacts if that's ok.

BTW Maybe I'm just retarded.... But my MMA mail inbox seems to be empty. Could you please try to send those sugestions through again.

I've asked a few people around here... Gomi actually sugested I should train at Dragon Gym in Machida, which like 25 mins from my station. He said there were some current K1 heavies there... Do you know anything about that place?

I was thinking of heading to Grabaka actually to see if they had big guys there... So I'll try and find out about that that Indian heavyweight too. Sounds very promising.

Thanks again!!
6/20/08 1:03 AM
bigD13B

Edited: 06/20/08 1:08 AM
OK It seems your email was in my already read section... weird.

Wow that email has me all excited now! I'll head off to Machida tomorrow to check otu Dragon Dojo. So far that place sounds perfect! And with the coaches contacts too, Man!!! Perfect! :)

I'll probably still head out to Grabaka some time just to see if I can get info on that tall guy.

Thanks heaps man!!! I really appreciate the help!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.