UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> THE DANGERS OF S&C

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02
What's happening, Neckcranku?! This place is full of Mass-holes!! Let's battle to see who is the biggest! ;-p Great stuff Tom...thanks for sharing. Aus
domyancic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice thread...Tom, Phil, Tim stay the course, miss you guys and appreciate the info!!!! God Bless
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this is a thread based on 'questions' but I wanted to share an 'experience' I had with my trainer, Tom Campbell, that forced a 'realization'. I had been working on developing a good shin kick for a long time (still fine tuning it!) but could never seem to 'consistenly' deliver it with effortless power, the way Coach Blauer does. During a workout in Tom's 'Pit' I shared this with him and using a couple of simple drills Tom helped me discover MY perfect/effortless shin kick (all in 12 minutes!). I was ECSTATIC! I just wanted to kick the bag all night...BUT, Tom stopped me and explained something CRUCIAL to this subject: "The body is a survival mechanism. Right now it's not sure if what you are doing to it is good or bad. If you push it to fatigue in this skill it will CHANGE what you are doing to PROTECT ITSELF!" ...Major lightbulb moment!! I looked at myself and discovered that in my eagerness to get better I had often sabotaged my own progress! I was trying to 'condition' my body into a new skill and all I was developing was sloppier skill as my body rejected my efforts in...SELF DEFENSE! I will NEVER look at training the same way. P. I just wanted to restate what you said, Phil. It's crucial information. I discovered the exact thing, only while boxing. That's why I cut my training in half. Fatigue not only makes cowards, but poor technicians! Great post, keep it positive! Robert V.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.