UnderGround Forums

Ohio MMA Underground >> moving to ohio

5/31/08 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Timmyz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am soon to moving to ohio. (somewhere around findlay).

Are there any BJJ, submission grappling, or mma places in the area?

Thanks.
6/6/08 3:57 PM
Timmyz

Bowling Green??
6/8/08 4:52 PM
headhunter1385

i think there is a combative grappling gym in bowling green.
7/30/08 5:19 AM
vengence
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saulo has a gym in toledo
8/1/08 9:46 PM
Timmyz

Thanks Vengence.

Is there anything in Bowling Green? Do you know anything about the combative grappling gym?

Thanks for the help.
8/2/08 6:10 AM
vengence
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nope. im from cincy
9/10/08 8:47 PM
tallnlanky

Edited: 09/10/08 8:53 PM
You've got Wreckroom Athletics in Ashland, OH, but better bring your A game. They've got some big hitters there. Cody Stevens will probably get a WEC shot if my hunches are correct. They'll expect alot of committment from you.There is a team, or a fighter (good fighter) out of Findley, I just can't remember who it is (or what the team is).There's also Devil Dog MMA near Bowling Green, but I don't know much about them other than one of their 205's who has potential.

Relson Gracie has some BJJ schools around the Columbus area and so does Geroge Gurgel. I think George has a good number of schools around Columbus/Cincy, so go to his website for a list of schools. Both George and Relson have very high standards so all of their schools should be good at a minimum.

Get on the NAAFS website and go to the forum section and click on NAAFS discussion and you can ask questions about Findley and school and etc.
9/14/08 12:11 AM
Timmyz

Edited: 09/14/08 1:37 PM
Tallnlanky,Thank you for your help. For some reason the Naafs website would not let me register to post on their forums.If you know anything more about the BG club please help.Thanks,Tim
9/15/08 10:33 PM
tallnlanky

I don't know much about BG clubs, only what I previously mentioned. I know they've got something going on there as far as MMA goes.

If it were me, I'd drive to get with Relson Gracie's North Columbus School,or with Dustin Ware at IMB--Columbus, but that's only if you're serious about rolling.

As far as the NAAFS website, make sure you browser settings accept "cookies" for NAAFS forum registration.
9/16/08 9:36 PM
Timmyz

I was finally able to log in to Naafs. Thank you for your advise and help.
10/2/08 1:31 PM
UNIFIEDTEAM1
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/02/08 4:44 PM
Team Relson-4 Gracie Black Belts, 6 brown belts, about 10 or more purple belts, and enough blue belts to keep you busy for awhile. All under one roof. Not to mention, the 1st BJJ school in the state, the founder, Dr. Jeff Hudson (chiropractor) and 2nd degree black belt under Relson Gracie has also logged more mat hours with Relson Gracie and the rest of Helio's son's (try 6 figures in private lessons!) than anyone else in the world. Add to that there is no ego, no tough guy crap, just the best jiu jitsu in the world. Real for self defense too, not just sporty sport moves that WILL get you killed.
11/21/08 1:13 PM
Kimber1911

Timmyz

In Perrysburg there is "John Penny's Black Belt Acadamy" rather popular in the area and close without driving to Columbus. Hope this helps, You said you had mats?
11/26/08 1:01 PM
TUF Noobiest

You are kinda screwed living in Findlay. Saulo's in Toledo is awesome but kinda far (at least 45-50 minutes from Findlay, probably an hour). If you live in BG then Saulo's is pretty doable (around 25-30 minutes) and they have more BB's on a regular basis than you'd ever imagine could be in Toledo, OH. Columbus is way too fucking far to drive on a regular basis. I almost forgot Saulo has an affiliate in Lima Jeremy Harris - myspace.com/srjjatriangleclub - Lima, OH

Granted, I haven't lived in NW OH for a while and there MIGHT be some new places.
12/6/08 1:26 AM
Timmyz

Thanks for the replies. I live in BG. I do have mats.

-Tim
1/9/09 11:44 AM
DaddysGirl

TOMMY MORRISON WILL FIGHT AGAIN JANUARY 31, 2009 IN LARAMIE WYOMING FIGHT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON PPV FROM GOFIGHTLIVE.TV "MMA IS A JOKE, I'M GOING TO KEEP DOING IT CAUSE THERE AIN'T ONE OF THOSE GUYS CAN TAKE MY PUNCH, I WILL DISTROY THEM ALL. ESPECIALLY THAT KIMBO SLICE GUY." TOMMY MORRISON
1/27/09 10:37 PM
doggitb
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

timmyz we have a gym in clyde ohio and sandusky ohio we are members of relsons assoc. let me know if u want the numbers
1/30/09 9:51 PM
gzbull
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you ever stop by my gym in Grove City?  We are only 10 min from downtown, have about 80 students, 2 BJJ Brown Belt, a Muay Thai coach from SITYODTONG, and a great training environment.  Oh, and our dues are only $75 a month for Unlimited Training!

A little about me...I am the VP for Team Jorge Gurgel, Owner of the OHIO GRAPPLING CHALLENGE, and I serve as the Fight Coordinator for the GAMENESS FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (based out of Nashville, TN).

Hit me up at columbusbjj@yahoo.com

- Dustin Ware
www.columbusmma.com
www.ohiograpplingchallenge.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.