UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Anyone have good recipe for guacamole

6/1/08 8:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
little one
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

???

Fave recipes?
6/2/08 6:12 AM
crescentwrench
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I couldn't begin to tell you exact ratios but the ingredients are

Avocadoes, like 4
onion, I guess a medium one, chopped fine
Couple cloves of smashed garlic
a nice handful of cilantro (no stems)
1 minced jalapeno, or 2.  Seeded if you want fruity, not seeded if you want spicy
2 roma or 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
probably one lime's worth of juice, plus maybe a bit more to add right before serving
salt/pepper

I hold the tomatoes back until after I'm done smooshing but just throw all the rest of that in a bowl and go to town with a potato masher.  Hold back one avocado and chop it up to throw it in afterwards with the tomatoes if you want some more chunks.  If my avocadoes are kind of watery and not exactly ideal I'll add some olive oil to give it a bit more richness.  Other than that it's just tasting and seeing what it needs.  Let it sit for a while to let the flavors marry.  I find with mine that in the end it takes just a bit more salt than I think it needs when I first mix it. 
6/2/08 10:52 AM
little one
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome.. thank you!!!
6/2/08 2:31 PM
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

avocado + salsa = fairly decent gauc

Yes, I am very lazy.
6/2/08 4:02 PM
Extendo
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use a recipe basically identical to crescentwrenches. That ratio would give me enough quac for 20 people though. I've never used more than 1 avocado but I am usually only making food for two people.
6/2/08 7:31 PM
crescentwrench
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avocadoes were 2 for a dollar the other day.  So I went guacrazy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.