UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Making it rain with John Terry's money

6/4/08 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KirikMyName!
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the more enjoyable aspects of my job is I get to meet a decent amount of celebrities and sports stars.

About 20 minutes ago, a coworker of mine comes up and says "hey, can you exchange some foreign currency for me?"

Me: "why do you have foreign currency? Who are you with?"

coworker: "John Terry"

Me: "the soccer player"

coworker: "yah"

So what do you do when you have 450 pounds that John Terry just gave you? You make it rain.

Anyways, he's a nice guy, and his wife is not too shabby to look at.
6/4/08 4:50 PM
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you do?

6/4/08 5:08 PM
KirikMyName!
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VIP/Celebrity Tour Guide for Disney.

Basically, whenever a foreign dignitary, government official, celebrity, or client of the company (usually a corporate partner) comes to one of the Disney parks, I show them around and am essentially a nanny to them and their families.

Real manly stuff, let me tell you.
6/4/08 5:15 PM
grizz632
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That job sounds like either the coolest gig in the world, or a tremendous pain in the ass. Probably a bit of both now that I think about it

And isn't exchanging currency the first thing that you do when you visit a foreign country?
6/4/08 5:33 PM
KirikMyName!

grizz632 - That job sounds like either the coolest gig in the world, or a tremendous pain in the ass. Probably a bit of both now that I think about it

And isn't exchanging currency the first thing that you do when you visit a foreign country?

90% of the time, I absolutely love my job and am shocked I get paid to do it. 10% of the time, it's very difficult and a challenge. We do a lot of hard work behind the scenes to make sure the guests have a pretty flawless visit, so it can be tough, but the reward is worth it.

Regarding the foreign currency exchange: you are correct, that's usually one of the first things to do. I presume he had only exchanged a certain amount, and was reloading.
6/4/08 6:00 PM
Govnor

Hey, print this out for him and see what he does. Report back

6/4/08 6:20 PM
KirikMyName!

lol
6/5/08 7:53 PM
nimitivd
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont get it, you're only supposed to goto disneyland if you win. ?
6/5/08 9:32 PM
Extendo
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he was the mascot at the new slip and slide.
6/6/08 2:30 PM
Bigpapa42

Did you give him a hug and tell him that it would all be okay? After the CL final, he looked like he needed that...
6/6/08 5:32 PM
KirikMyName!

Bigpapa42 - Did you give him a hug and tell him that it would all be okay? After the CL final, he looked like he needed that...

I can't imagine how hard it is for these guys. I remember how upset I was when I used to be the last out for a meaningless little league game, would miss the last shot of a basketball game, or barely lose a race back when I ran track.

This guy has an entire team, as well as a huge fan base counting on him, and he falls. Must be tough.
6/6/08 11:02 PM
Bigpapa42

Its funny how so many people who don't really understand the game talk about penalties being too easy. When they obviously aren't. Its a moment where so much is riding on one little sequence...

Terry used to be one of my favorite English players, despite playing for Chelsea. His antics soured on me quite a bit when he was too hurt to play for England in a key qualifying match yet okay to play for Chelsea three days later. Thats not the kind of thing you expect from your national team captain. That, and the way he leads so many Chelsea players in berating the ref so often... That said, it would still be cool as hell to meet the guy.
6/13/08 5:15 PM
BaldTony
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can still remember the first time I took a competitive penalty. It was only for my school, but the goal looked miles away, and the goalie(who was a teenager) looked massive.
6/17/08 10:52 PM
Govnor

Penalties at any level of competitiveness will get the heart racing. I can't even imagine what it must be like in the big situations.
8/29/08 2:34 AM
Gladys Kinght and the Pips

i almost felt sorry for him even as a man u fan until i saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsRE-_KtPk

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.