UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Rage/Knife Attacks

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
menapace
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Thanks for your informative reply Tony, it is most appreciated. Take care.
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
HI, WHile the question is valid, I think the more important element is how & what "we'd" need to do if that were the case. In other words, the 'likelihood'is less important than the remedy... because if it happens to you - its 100% of your life at that moment! :-( Hope that makes sense, Tony ALso you wrote: "We've all seen skilled fighters throw wild, sloppy haymakers during an emotional moment, which is what I feel you were trying to stress in your video" Actually, while this is important, it is the least important element of the tape, the MOST important aspect of the tape is the meta-cognitive process we use to improve perception and create the MENTAL BLUEPRINT program. The self-exploration needed to do these drills properly is 'research inspired research' :-) A process that provides you with 'pre-contact cues' priceless in possible death matches!
menapace
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Tony, how's it going? I have your Rage Attacks tape and have watched it several times(that means I like it) and I was curious how the rage attack would relate to someone using a knife. I think it's pretty much agreed that barehanded against a skilled knife practitioner who has a cool head is almost a no win situation, but what about someone who is enraged? We've all seen skilled fighters throw wild, sloppy haymakers during an emotional moment, which is what I feel you were trying to stress in your video. A guy who is pissed off and loses his cool isn't going to bob and weave and throw some jabs, but he's going to lunge at you with a two handed choke, haymaker, or a bar stool etc. So, what I'm asking is, what are the chances of a guy with a knife, or even a skilled knife practitioner, losing his cool and coming at you with a wild lunge or over head strike that you would see in a kung-fu film or sub-par instructional video on knife defense?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.