UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> Coco Crisp Avoids Haymaker

6/6/08 12:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bonersaurus
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Chisholm - ^^^stupid quote function!!

To answer the question about how the beef started, on Wednesday night the Rays shortstop blocked 2nd base with his knee (which is legal) as Coco was sliding in headfirst, and Coco hurt his wrist. A couple of innings later Coco stole second and took out the second baseman. So the first time he came to the plate yesterday, everyone in the park knew he was gonna get hit.

Total over-reaction by Coco...and this is coming from a Sox fan.

Thanks.  I knew there was a reason for it but but wasn't sure exactly why.

6/6/08 12:27 PM
Somerville Bad Boy
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
6/6/08 12:31 PM
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still doesnt excuse him being thrown at. i knew it would happen as soon as he took out Iwamura and it does happen all the time but it's still wrong and if youre gonna throw at someone you have to expect to get charged
6/6/08 12:40 PM
Ben Chisholm

^^^I agree, but Shields (the pitcher) was just doing his job, it's part of the game...you gotta protect your teammates. At least he threw it at his ass and not his head.
6/6/08 12:40 PM
JoshMitola
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he got worked pretty good on the bottom of that pile.
6/6/08 12:46 PM
BMF12

Tons - I think Kyle Farnsworth would make the best MMA Fighter, he definitely could use a career change because he is an awful reliever.

Paul wilson after fight:

Slight downgrade in pay, IMO.
6/6/08 12:46 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's nolan ryan when you need him?
6/6/08 12:49 PM
BillyRayChubbs
662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you engage in a sport where a man throws a ball at you 90+ mph you should expect to get hit at some point.

Why else would they have you wear a fucking helmet.

CRYBABIES

6/6/08 1:17 PM
Ignignokt

"LOL btw he didn't dodge the 2nd punch that the pitcher threw, that one landed flush.

The pitcher won that fight pretty easily"

Yeah, it's not like he was being held back by a bunch of people... oh, wait.
6/6/08 1:58 PM
OnMyKneesForGSP
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farnsworths double leg was textbook, he hit a deep penetration step then just lifted and dumped, finished to the same side as his head, which I hate, but he just started right up with the right hands when it hit the turf. Fantastic.

Farnsworth is the toughest guy in the MLB i think, I would take him over anyone else in a fight.
6/6/08 2:04 PM
Domingo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if baseball players can't fight, I bet they could take anyone in the NBA. I don't think I've ever seen an NBA player throw a punch that didn't look like it was underwater.

6/6/08 2:05 PM
OnMyKneesForGSP
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melo threw that awesome punch last season.
6/6/08 2:06 PM
sside maurice
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farnsworth / Wilson is the only known case of a pitcher charging the batter. He dropped Wilson right on the base line.
6/6/08 2:09 PM
Tons
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Domingo - 

Even if baseball players can't fight, I bet they could take anyone in the NBA. I don't think I've ever seen an NBA player throw a punch that didn't look like it was underwater.

Find a video of Kermit Washington unloading on Rudy Tomjanovic.  Grant it, it was definitely a sucker punch (understatement).  But he ruined Rudy's face.

6/6/08 2:10 PM
ChicagoTom
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/6/08 2:11 PM
molsonman
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

capthook - what was the beef between CoCo and the Blue Jays???

It was the Tampa Bay Rays not the Toronto Blue Jays.
6/6/08 2:17 PM
Tons
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/6/08 2:17 PM
Tons

6/6/08 2:18 PM
Tons

www.playersbehavingbadly.com 

6/6/08 2:23 PM
Sambist007
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that punch that the Manta Rays pitcher threw was terrible. They should stick to playing baseball.
6/6/08 2:24 PM
TtoMyJ14
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coco got thrown at because when he was sliding into second base yesterday he punched the devil rays second baseman in the nuts.

6/6/08 8:37 PM
Heddy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/6/08 9:04 PM
max power
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in 2nd grade a kid came running at me like that and i front kicked him in the tummy, fight over. god i am the man

6/6/08 10:39 PM
combat sport fan

Sox fan here...charging in baseball takes balls because u know ur gunna get tackled from behind by the catcher...its the catchers job to protect his pitcher (remember pitchers are generally stupid people its the catcher that has the brains...paraphrasing ted williams) so good for coco nice duck and tried to deliver his best shot then its up to both teams to let the catcher take him out and the rest of the team separates...its good shit gutta love baseball fights... being a sox fan im taking cocos side who cares he slid spikes up u do what u do...when ur going into second the shortstop or 2nd basemen aims his throw at your head...reason is if u dont duck fuck you get down...lol ttt for coco
6/6/08 11:04 PM
mmartin
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

coco is the fucking man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.