UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Jesse Glover: anyone have his books?

6/10/08 1:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FatBuddha
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just spent a few days in Seattle learning judo from Sensei Fred Sato at his house who was friends with Bruce Lee, Jesse Glover, and Taky Kimura back in the day. They performed at least 2 demonstrations together. I was wondering if Sensei Sato was mentioned in any of Jesse Glovers books and if anyone has them? (they are out of print). The next trip he is going to connect me with him and Taky Kimura, but I'd like to read them for some research I'm doing before that. Thanks!
6/11/08 12:44 AM
Vincent Giordano
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have them. If you PM or email me, I can check for you. Sifu Taky is tremendous guy. I really respect him and his son. You used to be able to get all Jesse's books directly from him, I used to call him and order them directly. I'll see if I can dig out his number, he was always a cool guy to talk to.
6/11/08 10:58 PM
FatBuddha
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks so much Vincent. I would defninitely buy then if they were still in print or try to get them from Sifu Glover, but my friend tried that a few years ago and had difficulty getting them. Sensei Sato said the same thing about Sifu Taky! If you don't mind photocopying them, I can pay you for the photocopies. Thanks - don't have your email I'm at abood23@hotmail.com
7/3/12 7:33 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have all of Jesse's books.

BL's Non-classical - 2 copies - 1 of them signed
Non-classical GF - 2 copies - 1 of them signed
Between WC and JKD - 3-4 copies, 1 of them signed.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/06/jesse-glover-bruce-lees-first-student-dies-at-77/

I note, sadly that Sifu Glover has passed away about 4 days ago. I'm posting on the UG an R.I.P.

7/3/12 9:18 AM
Stickgrappler
1960 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Glover sifu

heard about this yesterday and wanted to post but was busy.
7/3/12 9:23 AM
Stickgrappler
1960 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

[QUOTE]With care and affection we announce:

Jesse R. Glover Passed away Wednesday June 27th.

The funeral for Jesse will take place on Saturday, July 14th at 11:00am at the Lakeview Cemetery in Seattle, WA. He will be laid to his rest beside his close friend Ed Hart and very near his friend and teacher Bruce Lee.

Jesse touched the lives of his Students and Friends in profound ways around the world, in celebration of this, Jesse’s Family has Invited everyone who would like to attend.

All are welcome.

A gathering to share memories of Jesse’s life and the profound impact he made on others will take place after the Funeral for those who would like to attend.

The address is:

Lakeview Cemetery
1554 15th Ave E
Seattle, WA 98111

Thanks to all,

Tom DeFelise for the Non Classical Gung Fu Family[/QUOTE]

7/3/12 9:27 AM
Stickgrappler

Howard Williams passed away recently also

RIP Williams sifu

slowly the original students of Bruce Lee are joining him in training the Way of the Intercepting Fist in the Great Beyond
7/5/12 4:20 PM
shen
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sad... Jesse Glover was very interesting guy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.