UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> recommend a school for me...

6/10/08 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RamK
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/10/08 12:44 PM

Hey guys...I recently left a job i hated. now Im looking at getting a Ph.D. I'd like to work in a high tech company some day. here's the deal I graduated highest honors with a B.S and M.S. in computer Science from Lehigh University in PA (3.96 & 4.0 respectively) I published a strong thesis on using pattern matching to interpret 4 dimensional gestures for use as interface for virtual environments among other works as an undergrad .Ofcourse, I have little money so a TA or RA position is a must...What say you academic ground?
6/10/08 2:39 PM
RamK
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

come on guys...Im being serial!

throw out some names...what schools do you think I have a chance to get into? which ones are most worth it for Comp Sci?
6/10/08 3:56 PM
RamK

fine I'll start. what about Rutgers?
6/11/08 9:28 PM
RamK

Edited: 06/12/08 3:16 AM
I met with a professor at rutgers, used to be my teacher at one point. told me I would have zero trouble getting in and he would make sure to get me a TA position (because I speak perfect english).the question really is: this seems like an easy option, but shoul dI be considering some different schools? U Penn seems very attractive to me, but also a bit intimidating...
6/12/08 10:32 PM
thesleeper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much are the TAships at Rutgers for your field? Cost of living by Rutgers versus U Penn? U Penn is a large research school, Rutgers is a smaller school with a good rep. Have you looked at the professor's CVs to find out what sort of work they do?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.