UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Any Wrestling Clubs for Adults in Philadelphia?

6/11/08 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just recently started training jiu jitsu about 4-5 times a week and I am looking to start training wrestling along with it. Does anyone know any wrestling clubs for adult novices in the philadelphia area? any advice would be appreaciated, thanks in advance.
8/22/08 12:04 AM
Danny Ives
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a chance. You'll need to drive out to Jack Cuvo's program in Easton, PA.
9/2/08 8:16 PM
theBEAToff

Yeah, here's a club... just watch out for the 3rd hook!
http://www.phillyspartans.com/
9/3/08 10:37 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theBEAToff - Yeah, here's a club... just watch out for the 3rd hook!
http://www.phillyspartans.com/

uh, no thanks lol.
3/22/09 1:15 AM
supersaiyan

hmm i shouldve known when it said "adult" it meant that LITERALLY
5/8/09 11:49 PM
YourMomsBox

i heard that philly mma has a pretty good wrestling class.

philadelphia jiu jitsu at 22nd and Cherry does a lot of wrestling
6/25/09 10:07 AM
cyberc92

does anyone know any local wrestlers that would be willing to coach a novice in the philly area? i still haven't found a wrestling program.
6/26/09 10:32 AM
Chicken&Waffles
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cyberc92 - does anyone know any local wrestlers that would be willing to coach a novice in the philly area? i still haven't found a wrestling program.

UPenn has a wrestling club. My guess is Drexel does as well, or that they practice together in the off-season. When I was on my recruiting trips up there I believe it was the Dave Schultz wrestling club, but I think that has since faded away.

Regardless, just email Coach Eiter at Penn or Coach Childs at Drexel, or any of their assistants, and tell them you are interested in taking some private wrestling lessons. I am sure one of them, or one of the wrestlers on the team, would be glad to help. Just take care of them, they need all the beer money in the off season they can get... :)

Or, just call/email local high school and middle school coaches. Tell them you have never wrestled before, but would like to learn, and ask if you could assist in practices. particularly at the middle school level, I am sure a coach would have no problem teaching you a double leg if you can help him control a room full of screaming 13 year olds.

-Brendan
8/23/09 9:18 PM
ocianain

http://sportsextreme.us/
8/24/09 2:07 PM
supersaiyan

Chicken&Waffles - 
cyberc92 - does anyone know any local wrestlers that would be willing to coach a novice in the philly area? i still haven't found a wrestling program.

UPenn has a wrestling club. My guess is Drexel does as well, or that they practice together in the off-season. When I was on my recruiting trips up there I believe it was the Dave Schultz wrestling club, but I think that has since faded away.

Regardless, just email Coach Eiter at Penn or Coach Childs at Drexel, or any of their assistants, and tell them you are interested in taking some private wrestling lessons. I am sure one of them, or one of the wrestlers on the team, would be glad to help. Just take care of them, they need all the beer money in the off season they can get... :)

Or, just call/email local high school and middle school coaches. Tell them you have never wrestled before, but would like to learn, and ask if you could assist in practices. particularly at the middle school level, I am sure a coach would have no problem teaching you a double leg if you can help him control a room full of screaming 13 year olds.

-Brendan

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.