UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Sea Food

6/14/08 1:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to RED LOBSTER on Sat. for Fathers Day/Wifes B-day celebration.

Both of us have never been there (I'm not a sea food eater). My wife loves shrimp. I've had crab/scallop cakes, a few scallops from a Steak Oscar dish and did enjoy them.

I was thinking about the Broiled or Fried Scallops with a Crab Linguini Alfredo [Choose Any Two 16.99].

As a newb to seafood, and already have had similar, Do you think it'll be ok?
6/14/08 10:36 AM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get chur church clothes on Ma, we're goin' to Red Lobster!  Woo Hoo!!!

Any time I'm there, and I have giftcards to go there, I always get some combo plate so I can have a lot of stuff.  If it's going to be mediocre, at least I'm getting a variety of it.  Most chains' attempts at "classy" dishes usually just taste like TV dinners anyway so I stick with whatever they have for the everyday folk.  From their online menu for my local one, my pick three combo would be coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi, and steamed crab legs.  I'd save my branching out for a owner-operated place.  That way if you don't like something it will at least because you don't like it, not because it came out of a bag in the freezer. 

But it's not a big deal what you order anyway.  You'll be so stuffed on their garlic-cheddar rolls that you can't finish your meal.  Those things are crack, and I'll stab any man who says otherwise. 

6/16/08 10:45 PM
Dillar Dog
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man, where do you live?  there has to be something with some fresh seafood near you.

6/17/08 7:43 PM
warcake
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only decent thing they serve are the free cheese bisquits. 
6/18/08 9:53 AM
SE7ENFOLD

The biscuits weren't THAT good!!!

But I did enjoy the Linguini, it was basically normal alfredo pasta with some stringy tastless meat!

The Fried scallops were really good though. Lightly breaded, deep fried, very tastey and not rubbery at all. I enjoyed them.

Overall, I can say I've been there and liked it, but I probablly wont go back.
6/22/08 10:48 PM
Dankoholic

red lobster biscquits are theshit

rock lobster
6/25/08 12:15 AM
WizzleTeatsv2

Wow...uh...excited for Reb Lobster...I...I...really just am at a loss for words.

I shake my head when people say that Legal Seafood is amazing. I wouldn't set foot in a Red Lobster if you paid me.

then again I live in Boston and can go down to the Cape and reel in stripers and football tuna. Mmmmm mmmm...four weeks until I am enjoying striper sushi.
6/25/08 9:04 AM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'll still find places where seafood is Red Lobster, hell Long John Silvers.  I got great seafood in VA and could afford to turn my nose up at RL.  But I would have kicked my wife in the liver for a decent Mexican food joint.  Now that I'm back in the part of TX that's 600 miles from the coast it's just the opposite.  I have gift cards to RL and am saving them for a special occasion when the parents come up.  They just love it. 

Watch your mouth call cheddar biscuits lame!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.