UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> no seatbelt fine

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/14/08 10:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i got pulled over on my way home from work on friday by a state trooper. I turned off the radio, instinctively unbuckled my seatbelt for some reason, rolled down the window and put my hands back on the steering wheel. He asked me for license and registration. I said i'd have to open up the glove box to get my registration and asked if that was ok. He said yes. He Looked over my car. Asked me if I knew why he pulled me over I said yes. He asked me how fast I thought i was going, i answered honestly (20-25 over speed limit). Asked me if my driving record was clean. I said yes.

trooper said because of my honesty hes gonna let me off with a warning and fine me for not wearing a seat belt. he said sit tight. Went back to the patrol car, printed out his form, called it in, whatever SOP is. Came back gave me the ticket said i could mail it, or if i wanted to contest it whatever.

Anyway a few questions, this is in NY. I sent the ticket in the mail to town court, certified return receipt whatever. How much is a no seatbelt fine usually?

Also I know this trooper was lenient on me but if i had been wearing my seatbelt the whole time, would he still have marked at a no seat belt fine? Since he had to mark it as something? Or would he have just let me off with a warning? or depends on the trooper and his mood that day etc.

Finally, a no seatbelt fine, im assumming that doesnt effect ur "record", car insurance, or anything like that. Do I assume wrong?
6/15/08 3:48 PM
groundfighter2000
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/18/08 5:09 PM
DarthChoke
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only know about CA. If you look hard enough you should be able to find the fines imposed by that specific county in NY.

Here in CA its $40-50 1st offense - no moving violation (no poinst against your record)

2nd, 3rd, etc... $80-100 and points to your record.
7/20/08 9:52 PM
LeftBench
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just be happy you got the seatbelt ticket! Here in NJ its cheap like around $50.

He may have seen you take the seatbelt off, and given you the ticket for that instead of the speeding. He cut you a break

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.