UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> MWR Fights?

6/17/08 6:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of our guys here wants to do MMA fights at the local MWR NCO Club to help promote out tournmaent. I think it is a bad idea dn that your going to have to get a risk assesment and no one will sign off on it. What do you guys think?
6/17/08 9:03 AM
rafie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason

I think you are completely right unless you get a good support of the chain of command and explain then that the guys going to the cage are trained and dedicated soldiers. Like a lot of bases including yours the leave advanced for the finals but the soldier idea of a MMA tournament is awsome. If you get them to do it use the guidance of army combatives for advanced rules . Specially for the doctor check before teh fight and close to thr cage. Im very sure that Jeff Yurk of somebody with more knowledge will be please to help us

Rafie
6/26/08 10:23 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All around a bad idea imo so it is a no go
6/27/08 11:02 AM
JasonKeaton

We are going to hve the cage for out post tournament and our open tournament as well
6/30/08 3:30 PM
JasonKeaton

Probably May time frame since it will end up coinciding with the Armor Warfighting Conference
7/12/08 7:40 PM
Jeff Yurk

Fort Bragg Combat MMA, Coach
 Jason,

Been a while since I have been on. Hope all is well.

I am curious about the original post and what the perceived issues may be.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.