UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Transfer Rumors Thread 08

6/17/08 10:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grizz632
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A single transfer thread seemed to keep the clutter down last year, so let's give it a go again this year

It's that time of year again. Time for wild speculation and boundless optimism for the new season. Any interesting players linked with your club? Have they already made some signings? If so, how do you rate them? Let's hear it, everything from done deals to tabloid rumors.

I'll get the ball rolling since, as usual, Everton have been linked with tons of players and have signed none. Here's the latest Everton rumors that I've seen

David Bentley for 15 million pounds

Michael Johnson for 8-10 million

Manuel Fernandes for 6 million, or on loan for a 3rd time

Andrei Arshavin for around 12 million

Orlando Engelaar for 6 million

I don't believe for a minute that Bentley would go to Everton, nor do I believe that they'd shell out 15 million for him. Michael Johnson is overrated and overpriced too. I'd love to see Arshavin though, and Engelaar would be the perfect replacement for Lee Carsley

Also kind of interesting was Celtic being interested in Darren Bent. Spurs would supposedly let him go, but would he go to Glasgow???
6/17/08 10:59 AM
grizz632
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few of the more widespread deals that have been talked about:

Ronaldinho to Man City

David Villa to Liverpool

Gareth Barry to Liverpool

Deco to Chelsea or Inter

Samuel Eto'o to AC Milan or Tottenham

Joaquin to Tottenham, Inter, or Everton

Roman Pavlyuchenko to Celtic

Joao Moutinho to Everton or Arsenal

Fat Frank to Inter
6/17/08 12:58 PM
Bigpapa42
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arsenal could lose Alexandr Hleb and/or Emmanuel Adebayor.

Rafael van der Vaart seems likely to leave Hamburg.
6/17/08 1:00 PM
grizz632

Last report on Hleb I read said that Barca wanted him, but Arsenal wanted Yaya Toure included in any deal, which I don't see happening
6/17/08 2:29 PM
Bigpapa42

grizz632 - Last report on Hleb I read said that Barca wanted him, but Arsenal wanted Yaya Toure included in any deal, which I don't see happening

Apparently Guardiola is quite hard up for Hleb. But the latest I've read - and who knows if there is any basis to it (I love rumors) - is that Hleb prefers Inter. Apparently he's not took keen to play with Henry again...
6/17/08 10:51 PM
Govnor

Torres to West Ham....would be a great move IMO
6/20/08 8:57 AM
KurtCorris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL!!! yeh the only way west 'am know how, ILLEGALLY!

well, i think ronaldo is almost certain to hand in a transfer request now, so all the grieving has already been done about that.

time to look to the future, two signings i would like to see at united who i think could do really well are Santa Cruz and Klaus Jan Huntelaar. rumours are louis saha could influence blackburn to let go of SC in some part ex deal.

oh...and in keeping with viscious rumour transfer threads...******NEWS JUST IN****** David Villa has been seen getting bustled from a black lexus outside Oakwell
6/20/08 12:53 PM
Bigpapa42

If David Villa leaves Valencia, I'm think he lands at either Barcelona or Real Madrid.
6/21/08 9:21 AM
Joe Ray

On a side note, Rangers signed Burnely's Kyle Lafferty.

Have you of you lot ever seen him play? and is he any good?
6/21/08 9:41 PM
grizz632

He's a forward that doesn't score
6/22/08 3:06 AM
Bigpapa42

grizz632 - He's a forward that doesn't score

The best kind. They're always useful.
6/22/08 8:14 AM
Joe Ray

He must have scored some goals for burnley?
6/22/08 6:38 PM
grizz632

Joe Ray - He must have scored some goals for burnley?

In almost 90 appearances

Pairing him with Kenny Miller should strike fear into the hearts of SPL defenses everywhere...
6/30/08 5:31 PM
grizz632

Deco has signed on with Chelsea

Arrivederci Fat Frank...
6/30/08 5:37 PM
Bigpapa42

It will be interesting to see what the new Chelsea side looks like. The more changes the better, as it will make it more likely that they take time to gel as a side...
6/30/08 8:03 PM
Govnor

Fuck Fat Frank...and Fat Joe Cole!
7/3/08 3:16 PM
Bigpapa42

So no movement yet on some of the bigger names who might go this summer - Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Shevchenko, Adebayor, Ronaldo... Then again, the transfer window is only officially 3 days old...
7/3/08 5:46 PM
grizz632

Chelsea have supposedly had a bid accepted for Arshavin, Spurs bid for Pavlyuchenko also.

The latest names linked with Everton are Mehmet Aurelio on a free, and Pablo Aimar for around 7 million pounds
7/4/08 3:34 PM
Bigpapa42

I honeslty don't think Aimar would hold up in the Premiership. Valencia are a favorite of mine, so I've always like Aimar. But he's tiny and I don't know that he could handle the physical nature of the Prem.
7/5/08 3:54 PM
grizz632

If they do get Aimar then I hope you're wrong man. A playmaker like him would be a great addition to the midfield, but I can't take another player missing half the season with injury like Cahill and Vaughan did last year
7/8/08 3:31 PM
Bigpapa42

I hope I'm wrong as well. I like Aimar - don't want to see him on the treatment table. But he is tiny - 5'7" and maybe 160 lbs. He's missed an average of about 10 matches per season since he moved to Spain, which isn't bad. But the Prem is a lot more physical than La Liga.
7/8/08 4:48 PM
grizz632

just read that Everton were trying to bring Diego Milito in from Zaragoza as well as Aimar. Darren Fletcher seems to be the top target for the Moyesiah thus far though

And Arsenal supposedly value Adebayor at £36m, which is insanity
7/8/08 4:53 PM
Fernando

Its Ade's agent making this shit up, he wants a huge raise after one good season. He can fuck off back to France or Italy along with Hleb, the cunt!
7/9/08 11:46 AM
grizz632

Sidwell is on his way to Villa, and Crouch is off to Pompey
7/9/08 2:51 PM
Bigpapa42

As a Gooner, I'm tired enough of the crap from Hleb and Adebayor that I'm almost hoping they both go. If Arsenal get 30m+ for Adebayor, thats going to a massive return on investment. Turn around and dump most of the into a player like Mario Gomez or Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and I think you're ahead. Neither of them have the outright athleticism of Adebayor, but it doesn't seem like either has the character issues either. For Adebayor to be demanded the wages that Henry was getting paid after he's been productive for one season is insane.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.