UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Transfer Rumors Thread 08

7/9/08 3:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

West Ham aren't doing anything until they sell. I know that much.
7/10/08 2:12 PM
Fernando

Hammers are dumping Zamora,WH needs a cold blooded striker and a distributing mid! Curbs better be making some deals.

Keane going to Pool? WTF is Benitez thinking, Keane is shit.
Fuck Bentley for going to Tottenham, what a fucking twat.

Sidwell wont be thumb wrestling with Shevchenko on the bench anymore, dumb bass left first team Reading to sit on the fucking bench.
7/10/08 2:58 PM
Govnor

LOL  at all of that Fernando....great post.

I don't understand dumping Bobby though. No way will anyone ever tell me Carlton "fucking" Cole is better than him....now if his injury is still a big question mark...OK.
7/10/08 3:36 PM
Fernando

Most of my friends are Hammers and they got a special place in my heart ever since they sang "Arsenal, Arsenal" against the Tottenham cunts!

Maybe Bellamy will do something this season, the little Welsh fuck! Fuck give Shears a shot this season.
7/10/08 3:49 PM
Govnor

I've never met a man that didn't hate Tottenham (even their own fans hate them).

Bellamy showed flashes of pure genius last season, though a complete wanker, he can do things no one else on the team can. I'm sure Shears will see more time, that is probably a big reason they are off loading Bobby I guess.

You really have friends going to Columbus??
7/10/08 6:11 PM
Fernando

Rose City Hammers, one is going to Toronto and the other is going to Columbus to watch his beloved Hammers play!

There is an abundance of Tottenham fans here in Portland, its hard to not fucking punch them in the face! Luckily they never come to the pub to watch matches early on weekends. Only those Euro snobby English Man U fans.
7/11/08 8:57 AM
mallet
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Danny Guthrie to the Toon?
7/11/08 11:05 AM
Bigpapa42

Arsenal get Samir Nasri from Marseille.

Liverpool get Diego Cavalieri from Palmeiras.
7/11/08 11:24 AM
Fernando

Hopefully Nasri can score more goals than that ingrate Hleb!
7/11/08 1:19 PM
grizz632
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the Hleb hate is strong in this thread

Did anyone notice that Gilardino went to Fiorentina a few weeks ago? Seems like every transfer in Serie A goes unnoticed by most of the news sites I go to
7/11/08 3:06 PM
Bigpapa42

grizz632 - the Hleb hate is strong in this thread

Did anyone notice that Gilardino went to Fiorentina a few weeks ago? Seems like every transfer in Serie A goes unnoticed by most of the news sites I go to

A lot of English-language sites focus pretty heavily on the Premiership, then Spain. Itay gets some coverage. Germany even less. I try following across the continent, and finding stuff for Russia and The Ukraine is a nightmare.
7/11/08 3:22 PM
Fernando

Guthrie to the Toon in exchange for possibly Milner who goes to Pool? WTF is Milner gonna do at Pool, he would completely useless there, makes no sense.

Parma needed the money, plus AC Milan needs someone to score some goals like Gilardino is going to.
7/15/08 8:35 PM
KurtCorris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck me, not had internet for 3 fucking weeks, i come back and theres only 2 pages of rumours?! wheres the creativity guys!?
7/18/08 11:16 AM
grizz632
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fernando - Parma needed the money, plus AC Milan needs someone to score some goals like Gilardino is going to.

lol, Post of the year!
7/18/08 12:05 PM
The Kangaroo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronaldo is now staying with United

Berbatov is going to United

Keane supposedly will have a contract with Pool in 48 hours

Carson to West Brom

Friedel to Villa

Apparently Blackburn have turned down both offers for Bentley from Villa and Spurs.

Eto'o is rumored to be considering a loan deal to Uzbekistan (wtf?)

Kitson signs with Stoke

Portsmouth are going after Wright Phillups

Pool are rumored to have given up on Barry
7/18/08 12:09 PM
The Kangaroo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW, Nasri is a big upgrade from Hleb imo

Hleb plays like a labrador. He simply runs around wildly chasing the ball. He is like Kuyt v2.0, without a nack for nicking a goal every 3-4 games.

Nasri is a playmaker. He will fit in well under the Scientologist
7/19/08 1:07 PM
grizz632

Spurs reported both Man U and Liverpool to the Premier League for tampering with Berbatov and Keane

Friedel won't go to Villa, Chivas USA keeper Brad Guzan will be signing with them after his work permit clears

Andy Johnson will probably end up with Wigan provided they up their offer some
7/28/08 12:14 PM
grizz632

Looks like Fulham will be the ones to sign AJ. Everton left him out of the squad that flew to Chicago, they've agreed a fee and he's had his medical with Fulham. £12 million is what's reported

MLS looks to be losing another player to Europe too. Kenny Cooper is in Wales holding talks with Cardiff City. MLS accepted their £2 million bid already

Muntari has moved to Inter, so looks like there's no room there for Fat Frank anymore

Everton's £11.8 million bid for Joao Moutinho was rejected by Sporting. I expect that deal to get done once Everton get the check from Fulham for AJ though
8/1/08 5:18 PM
grizz632

So after his medical Fulham now have "concerns" over a knee injury that AJ had in 2005, before he even got to Everton. As a result, they want to renegotiate the fee for less. Fulham have pulled this shit at least twice before that I can remember with players. Agreeing a fee, giving a medical, then going back and trying to get the player for less after finding "potential problems" in the medical. Both times the other team told them to go fornicate themselves and cancelled the deal. Everton had better do the same.

Note to Mr. Al-Fayed: You want AJ? Then pay up you cheap bastard. If you're not willing to, then we'll gladly keep him. Lord knows we're never going to fucking sign anybody this window anyway. We could use the warm body

You know you're in bad shape when your club's chairman issues a statement calling for patience from the supporters and assuring them that transfers are coming...
8/3/08 5:57 AM
Shotgun Mick

Newcastle apparently signing Coloccini from Depor. Supposed to be decent but I've never seen him play.
8/3/08 10:15 PM
threeeleven

what do you guys think about arshavin?

i got this off the bbc rumors website
Tottenham must pay £19m to sign Zenit St Petersburg striker Andrei Arshavin as well as make him the highest-paid player in the world. (Mail)
8/3/08 11:17 PM
grizz632

I think he was the most underrated player in Europe going into last season. Now I think he's become the most overrated player in Europe
8/4/08 6:05 PM
The Kangaroo

the only problem with Arshavin is that alot of money for a 28 year old. im surprised Chelsea havent gone after him, they like overpaying for russian players looking for one last big contract.

his value has been inflated based on the Euro, but he will get you 15 goals and 10 assists.
8/4/08 11:54 PM
grizz632

That might be enough to get Spurs up to 9th or 10th this season...
8/5/08 11:27 AM
The Kangaroo

spurs will finish 5-7 for a UEFA spot. they have gotten better while teams like Villa, Blackburn and Everton have either regressed or stayed the same.

hell city needs to sign someone of importance or hope Jo develops quick. they havent done much in the transfer window either besides overpaying for an unproven striker and signing reject Ben Haim.

Spurs and Pompey will be the best of the rest this year unless something of note transpires before the end of August.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.