UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Cachaca?

6/17/08 1:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fulkrum78
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone recommend a decent Cachaca? I love the stuff, but I have no idea which brand to buy at the store to make caiprinhas. I know from an acquaintance that most of the stuff here sucks in comparison to what is available in Brazil, but its not like I can do anything about that. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
6/17/08 1:54 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrap fresh dog turd in oak leaf, eat.
6/17/08 10:53 PM
Rhymenoceros
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm here to help!

There are hundreds of brands of Cachaças, so it's hard to give advice because I don't know what's available to you.

Probably the most common is 51, which is pretty cheap-o in Brazil.

The general rule is that the clear Cachaça is for mixing, and the amber is for drinking straight.

Good luck to you. I was in Brazil a short two weeks ago, and I drank my fill of Caipirinhas everywhere I went. I even brought home a bunch of Cachaça, but I haven't even cracked it. It just isn't the same drinking it without my Brazilian friends.
6/23/08 11:13 AM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, how was Brasil?
6/23/08 3:12 PM
Rhymenoceros
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mullet @ Heart - Dude, how was Brasil?

Best country in worl to me, fren.
6/24/08 1:10 AM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You gotta tell me all about it. Send me an Email, or something.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.