UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> LA Port Police?

6/17/08 5:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dankoholic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone know if this agency is tougher to get into than the others?

Does the polygraph ask you any questions that aren't part of the background investigation (education, financial, work history, etc)?
6/18/08 5:15 PM
DarthChoke
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lousiana? L.A. California?
6/18/08 9:42 PM
Dankoholic

Los Angeles, CA
6/19/08 9:18 PM
DarthChoke
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry bud. Don't know anything about LA port. But just on a "tough" scale, in CA I couldn't imagine anything is tougher than the CHP's standards. They are very picky and a 27-week, live-in academy is quite difficult.

Their background investigation is long and thourough and background packet is like a book by the time you are done.

Sorry I know nothing about the Port PD. I'd be suprised if Port PD is harder than LAPD.
6/21/08 12:58 PM
Dankoholic

Edited: 06/21/08 2:07 PM
thanks for the reply. yeah CHP is the toughest to get into. i heard sheriff's dept is easier than LAPD. i don't know much about the port police, but their background check is pretty intensive (as all LE agencies are). my background is what i'm actually worried at. i've changed a considerable amount since then and i plan on being honest with them 100%, but i worry about automatic disqualifications and such. i think i should get my foot in the door by trying to go into dispatch first. i talked to an officer with the LASD and he told me not to go that route because i'd never become a cop that way. i asked why and he told me that i'd never become an LEO because i'd end up marrying one lol
6/28/08 4:45 AM
Ze Dano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judging by the name "dankoholic" you will be weeded out soon enough...pun intended
7/1/08 6:42 PM
Dankoholic

Edited: 07/01/08 6:50 PM
Ze Dano - judging by the name "dankoholic" you will be weeded out soon enough...pun intended

they probably won't like it when i admit to a past of smoking meth, snorting cocaine, and taking painkillers either.

i'm planning on being honest with them. i have the skills and the motivation to become a great cop, but my past will come up and i'm not afraid to admit it even if it costs me a job. i haven't taken anything other than weed for 4-5 years. planning on applying for a sworn position once i do 2+ years of dispatch.

if i can't, oh well! at least i fucking tried.

7/3/08 2:04 AM
Ze Dano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ yeah most, if not all places have zero tolerance against "hard" drugs (coke, meth, etc)...pot smoking not so much so long as in is in your DEEP past
7/3/08 2:19 AM
Dankoholic

yeah, i know.

but i will still try.
7/11/08 4:58 AM
Ze Dano

best of luck to you dank
7/14/08 3:28 PM
Dankoholic

thanks, i know i don't have a chance in hell but i will try my hardest to show them i've changed and that i take full responsibility for my actions.

i was just wondering how strict the port police was when it comes to things like this. i heard border patrol is somwhat lenient on past drug use.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.