UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> How to buy clubs?

6/19/08 5:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you buy a whole set or do you buy a putter, irons, driver all separate?

How do you know what size to get? When I use rental clubs the irons always seem too short...?
6/19/08 7:54 PM
Nabors Rigpig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get fitted when you buy clubs.
6/19/08 7:58 PM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most golfers buy driver, fairway woods, hybrids, wedges and putters seperate and irons as a whole set.

Either way, go see a PGA pro and get fitted for everything.  They'll find the best of each to suit your game and swing.
6/19/08 8:48 PM
Jacob Lamb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do I need to have a decent swing before getting fitted? Could a guy who has never played go in and get fitted?

I just started playing, so my swing will hopefully be different in a month than it is now. Wouldn't that change my "fitting"?
6/19/08 8:51 PM
Dillar Dog
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes.  go get lessons and have the pro you're getting leassons from help you buy the right clubs.  irons first.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.