UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Why are alot of conspiracy sites Christian?

6/20/08 10:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lucas Maximus
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm reading up on some sites and they have really great information and then they'll have something like "Jesus is my savior" at the bottom.  Now from what I've read so far, modern religions were design to shackle our brains, so how can people have this amazing insight on some level and then be clueless on another? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Take Milton William Cooper, for example. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
6/21/08 12:43 AM
mikehh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive noticed some of the theories draw constants to the bible.

mark of the beast-microchip etc..
6/24/08 6:00 AM
Redneck
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/24/08 6:01 AM
mikehh basically got it. A lot of christians who can see the NWO agenda interpret it as being what was prophecised in the book of revelations. There is also a strong link between patriot radio stations and christian audiences. This is because the CIA originally created short-wave patriot radio shows as a way of combatting the rise of communism in the USA during the 50's and 60's. Even if the modern patriot shows aren't CIA anymore, they still tend to attract a similar demographic. So you have lots of christians who listen to Alex Jones, John Stadmiller, etc on GCN and RBN. Because the stations know they have this audience they tend to cater for them by often having anti NWO announcers who also preach strong christian beliefs and values.

What is really frustrating about this is that many of them think there is no point in fighting the NWO because the rapture will occur and jesus will come back and save them all.
6/24/08 1:31 PM
Lucas Maximus
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wasn't the bible written by illuminati?
6/26/08 6:04 PM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Among others.
6/26/08 8:36 PM
Lucas Maximus

can you elaborate a little or point me to some sites or something?
6/26/08 11:17 PM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only the biggest nerds with the deepest blinders are still clinging to any single author of "the bible." Given that there are umpteen thousand different translations, versions, etc. composed of a varying number of "canonical" texts, finding a consensus on what the bible is is about as useful as thinking that if you stopped reading spider-man at a certain point, he never got married or found out he was a clone, etc.

It would be more accurate to think of it this way: the texts that were put together to make up the bible (whichever configuration you want to call "the bible") were written by one or some people who were taking varying bits of fact, history, allegory and metaphysical insight and reappropriated pagan/pre-Christian myths and those people may or may not have had ulterior motives when composing the stories. Other people, who essentially decided which bits made the final cut (and over time, added, subtracted, switched around or just made a version they found more useful) may or may not have had their own agendas for doing so.

Not to mention all the errors/changes that crept in due to mistranslations, typos or plain ol' losing bits along the way.

So, basically, the editors were just as important as the authors in the creation of 'the bible' and trying to ascribe a definite agenda (much less an identity) on their part is not only impossible, but silly.

BTW, when you fighting again, Luke?
6/26/08 11:35 PM
Lucas Maximus

Edited: 06/26/08 11:35 PM
 ahh, interesting... thanx

http://forum.lukecummo.com/viewtopic.php?t=1986

6/27/08 4:42 AM
Redneck
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/08 4:45 AM

Great post cluster. I might just add that whilst the "illuminati" did not write the bible they certainly decided what books would be omitted, such as the book of enoch, and used artistic licence when translating the ones they did include.

Romans 13 is a classic example.

"1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

So according to the Bible, Hitler was God's servant.

I suspect that they added the Book of Revelations as well. It's vastly different to anything else in the bible and the alleged author "John" is not the same John from the book of John. Many "illuminati" researchers believe that they wrote it and included it because it was an outlay of their business plan and they knew that when the time came to implement the 'mark of the beast' that many christians would accept it as prophecy and not fight it, expecting instead for Jesus to come and save them.

6/27/08 9:33 AM
Famigerado

I am currently researching an ancient underground group (The Odin Brotherhood)that believes all 3 Abrahamic religions are just part of the NWO's grand design. Sheep being led to slaughter by a false god according to them. Can't say as I really disagree with that.
6/27/08 9:42 AM
Redneck

Interesting, i've never heard of The Odin Brotherhood.

I agree with them about the 3 Abrahamic religions though.
6/27/08 10:08 AM
Famigerado

I made another thread earlier to see if you had heard of them. I'm currently researching them. I'll make a thread on what I know of them later.
6/27/08 11:16 PM
Redneck

Vitor29, the King James version is thought by some to be an overall more accurate translation than say the Roman Church version but I guess the King could also see the value in keeping the chapter about submitting to Government authority.

I took the quote from

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans%2013

And it is from the New International Version.

The site has a provision where you can select the same chapters from every version of the bible. This is the same text from the King James version.

Romans 13

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

12The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

13Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

14But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

6/27/08 11:28 PM
Lucas Maximus

in your opinion, was jesus real or made up
6/28/08 4:28 AM
Redneck

Edited: 06/28/08 4:29 AM
Lucas Maximus -  in your opinion, was jesus real or made up

I don't believe that the person we know as Jesus existed in the physical sense. I believe that he was a compilation of many people and folk lore stories of a period covering approximately 200-300 years. The message of "Jesus" is certainly a good one and it outlays a way for someone to lead a good life but it is full of allegory and lessons that can be found in most mythologies and religions that predate christianity. There is no question in my mind that the Jesus of the Pagan inspired Roman Church was pure allegory for the Sun, incorporating the words of the aforementioned lessons and teachings of various prophets and philosophers.

The Gnostic view of Jesus is more accurate than the Christian view, in my opinion.
6/28/08 8:26 AM
Lucas Maximus

what's the deal with the old testament?

note: if its easier for you to recommend a website or book on the subject i would appreciate that just the same

thanks for your time }:-)
6/28/08 10:44 AM
Redneck

Edited: 06/28/08 10:45 AM
The Old Testament was compiled from a large number of sources and much of it can be traced back to Sumerian and Babylonian mythology. Other parts of were written by a team of Egyptian priests and it was put together and passed off as the Hebrew bible.

The big 3 religions are diluted versions of the old mystery religions, only you have to be able to interpret the esoteric meaning in them to get anything from them. Most followers of these religions only see the exoteric meaning.
6/30/08 9:10 AM
Daredevil73
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most conspiracy stuff I've seen has been aimed at discrediting Christianity as a tool of our dark unseen overseers.

Take all the crap Redneck spews for example, pretty standard.
6/30/08 9:54 AM
Lucas Maximus

You may have misunderstood the question posted.   What I was wondering is how someone could have the insight of there being a hand above the government, but then be totally clueless as to the true origin of modern religious dogma (Christianity in particular).

Feel free to post examples of what you're talking about though }:-)
6/30/08 5:24 PM
Seamus619

ttt
6/30/08 6:54 PM
Redneck

Edited: 06/30/08 7:01 PM
Daredevil73 -  Most conspiracy stuff I've seen has been aimed at discrediting Christianity as a tool of our dark unseen overseers.

You should know better than that Daredevil. Firstly, it's not "conspiracy stuff" it's a common theory held by most non-christian, ie: objective, researchers of comparative mythology. Joseph Campbell is a good example.

Secondly, recently i've been researching the teachings of Freemasonry and other mystery schools and they all teach this same theory. If those who have been protecting the ancient secrets don't have it right then who would? In light of this I am a firm believer that movies like Zeitgeist have actually been funded by one or more of the Masonic style societies to help get this idea into the mainstream in preparation for the next major religion that will take full force when the Age of Aquarius dawns upon us.

If you research the bible and it's use of certain numbers throughout, and the esoteric references to the zodiac etc, it's difficult to believe that Christianity is all that it's cracked up to be.

You may have misunderstood the question posted. What I was wondering is how someone could have the insight of there being a hand above the government, but then be totally clueless as to the true origin of modern religious dogma (Christianity in particular).

I did understand what you were asking. My answer does cover the rationale of Bill Cooper and the like. To simplify it, these guys do know a lot of 'the truth' but they are so entrenched in their religious belief system that they twist things to fit in with it. Their beliefs actually prevent them from fully seeing the bigger picture though and they are falling into the trap laid out for them. Alex Jones is another example of this, he completely understands the agenda and yet he is still a devout christian. I'm sure a part of this public proclaimation of their faith is to cater for the patriot christian demographic that they cater to. If they started saying that Jesus was simply a later version of the eternal messiah figure they would lose a large chunk of their audience.
6/30/08 8:57 PM
Lucas Maximus

^ I know you understand Redneck - I was talking to Daredevil... but maybe you knew that too!
7/1/08 3:59 AM
Redneck

Lucas Maximus -  ^ I know you understand Redneck - I was talking to Daredevil...

Aahh, I see.
7/1/08 5:02 AM
WrestlingSucks
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/1/08 9:01 AM
Daredevil73
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Redneck - 
Daredevil73 -  Most conspiracy stuff I've seen has been aimed at discrediting Christianity as a tool of our dark unseen overseers.

You should know better than that Daredevil. Firstly, it's not "conspiracy stuff" it's a common theory held by most non-christian, ie: objective, researchers of comparative mythology. Joseph Campbell is a good example.

Secondly, recently i've been researching the teachings of Freemasonry and other mystery schools and they all teach this same theory. If those who have been protecting the ancient secrets don't have it right then who would? In light of this I am a firm believer that movies like Zeitgeist have actually been funded by one or more of the Masonic style societies to help get this idea into the mainstream in preparation for the next major religion that will take full force when the Age of Aquarius dawns upon us.

If you research the bible and it's use of certain numbers throughout, and the esoteric references to the zodiac etc, it's difficult to believe that Christianity is all that it's cracked up to be.
Joseph Cambell is a very poor example.  He didn't claim Christianity was a conspiracy, he was largely a Jungian who looked for similar archetypes in the manifestation of faith through comparitive mythology.  This is common in anthropological fields.  Finding a similarity isn't the same as a copy.

I've seen plenty of well reasoned explanations that explain Christianity's spread and appeal that have nothing to do with conspiracy.  There are several social and historical reasons for it.

Secondly, looking to mystery cults for truth is a dead end.  The Freemasons are a fraud.  Their ancient historical foundations are a sham that has consistently failed to hold up to even mild historical scrutiny.  Mystery cults are, by their very nature, doomed to die off unless you really hit the big time in the modern era with aggressive recruitment the way Scientology has, which is basically a mystery cult with a sci-fi twist.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.