UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> The back nine blues

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/21/08 1:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
drjim
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The other day I played a course with a 131 slope rating. The front nine I shot a 39 but the back nine was a 49. I didn't even hit range balls before the round. On the front I just stayed relaxed and my timing felt great. I seem to do this over and over where I shoot a good front nine and then my swing goes to hell. Any tips that could help this situation?
6/21/08 2:48 PM
Dillar Dog
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eat something small at the turn.  you're probably getting a little tired and overswinging, throwing your timing off on the back.

you'd be surpised at the number of people that never think of that.

6/23/08 10:13 AM
BigKiller

You can't concentrate for 4 hours.
 -The End
6/24/08 7:56 AM
BigKiller

^You don't warm up properly.
6/24/08 2:00 PM
BigKiller

You hit way too many balls before a round.

At your level, there's no chance you're hitting all of them well.  As a result, you probably try to make little corrections on the range.  I guarantee these mechanical thoughts carry over to the front nine.
6/24/08 3:46 PM
BigKiller

No mechanical thoughts during a round!

I bet you don't go and just practice very often.  Beating balls doesn't count.  Practice with a purpose.
6/26/08 3:24 AM
drjim

Played again today and shot a 49 on the front and a 40 on the back nine. I buckled down on the 7th hole and started playing well. Had a 4 over on one hole and 3 over on another during the front nine. I played the Champions at the Retreat in Corona Calif. It is a 139 slope rating from the blue tees. Purely a mountain course where if you hit a bad shot you're fucked. First round I played with my new titliest AP1 irons. As Big Killer said it is all about concentration.
6/26/08 3:58 AM
drjim

Not sure yet. My Ap1's have TruTemper Dynamic Gold stiff shafts with a so called high loft. I have been hitting Titliest 981's for the last 7 years. Figured it was time to buy new ones. Hit the AP1's at a golf shop I always buy at but shit how can you tell until you play with them for awhile? I tried the AP2's but I'm not that good of golfer to utilize them. Who makes the Ci7's?
6/26/08 11:20 AM
BigKiller

^pussy

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.