UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Any electrical engineering students/ex students

6/22/08 1:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jhtaq11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wondering if there are any electrical engineering students/graduates... if so, how did you find the course? interesting? difficult? how are you finding work in the field?

Thanks
6/23/08 7:37 AM
BarkLikeADog

Up front I have to tell you you're asking an extremely broad question that is unlikely to answer the root issue of whatever you're trying to get at.

That said, I went through an EET program at a tech school & a cognitive science program (computer science + psychology + linguistics) at a university. The tech school was crap so it's not really fair to comment on the EET program, & the university was good & so was its program.

Getting to the heart of your question (I think), it has a lot more to do with what you want to do than whether the program is hard.

The nice thing about electronics is it's not gonna quit growing; the bad part is that it's extremely difficult to find a safe niche.
6/24/08 6:14 AM
jhtaq11

Edited: 06/24/08 6:14 AM
To narrow the span of my question a bit, I am particularly interested in telecommunications and microprocessing . I am primarily concerned with the difficulty (as i've heard it's the hardest branch of engineering) and the job prospects. Thanks for the response.
6/24/08 11:51 AM
BarkLikeADog

"i've heard it's the hardest branch of engineering"

Would not agree with that at all.

"the job prospects"

If you are not a moron you will find work.

"I am particularly interested in telecommunications and microprocessing ."

That's still incredibly broad & also I hope you speak some Asian language fluently.
6/24/08 8:26 PM
jhtaq11

Thanks again for the response. It is difficult to make my question more specific as I do not know much about the field. Unfortunately I do not speak any Asian language fluenty, might have to work on that one :P.

Thanks again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.