UnderGround Forums

Africa UnderGround >> If Obama wins...

6/26/08 11:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/08 11:54 PM
fearlessthinker - 
I might have negative feelings towards certain groups but those feelings are underpinned by some empirical evidence. I'm yet to see any "anti-racists" provide any factual evidence for their stereotypes. Earlier this year Brendasu was saying how racist people in Iowa were and i remember asking her how she knew that to be true and she was basically refering to media depiction of rural people to support her case.
Here's your evidence, individuals arent a crowd of people, 1 person doesn't equal 5 people. You don't seem to know how to differentiate from individuals and groups. Every concept to you is a statistic, leaving no explanation for those those who don't fit into your stats. If there's anything more annoying that someone who can decide they like a person based upon statistics it's someone who believes that racism is over-inflated by people who have something to gain. That might work with Al Sharpton but Leroy from Flatbush doesn't get air time or college benfits for crying racism.

And the worse thing is that knowing these beliefs are yours you would choose to hang around a bunch of black people to tell them these are your beliefs. Truly fucked up.

6/27/08 12:08 AM
ABE FROMAN

First, of course I don't believe you, I've seen what you've written. Second, the road ends here on this conversation. That's why I believe you and others have come here - it's where you know there are minorities and it gives you the ability to have these conversations. I'm opting out. This won't turn into race-ground.
6/27/08 12:40 AM
BodyandSoul

K-Dub-"T" -  lol I see what u doin ABE - you're feeding the trolls. Make sure you add a little anti-freeze though ;-)

BodyAndSould..... when u say head of state... isn't she like a COndi - secretary of state or something?
Technically your leader is this guy:

Prime Minister Harper.
Right?
So what position does she hold exactly?
She's actually above the Prime Minister. Because we're a constitutional monarchy, the Queen is our leader and the governor general is her representative. The Prime Minister is just the head of parliament's leading party and has very little autonomous power. So even though it is mainly ceremonial, it's the governor general who officially represents Canada, calls parliament into session, appoints Supreme Court judges, dissolves parliament, calls elections, and recognizes the elected government. She also is the head of the Canadian Military. It wouldn't happen (although I think it did once), but she'd be within her rights to refuse to recognize the prime minister or government as legitimate.

Sadly, she's had to deal with a fair amount of shit - the most recent being from a popular Quebec writer who called her 'le reigne negre' (The Negro Queen), likening her to the colonial tendency to place certain hand-picked natives in high positions in Africa to legitimate their oppression (he claims it had nothing to do with her race).
6/27/08 12:50 AM
BodyandSoul

Next we'll take over Mexico! Good night all.
6/27/08 1:00 AM
MarkedCard

Edited: 06/27/08 1:01 AM
TTT
6/27/08 1:01 AM
MarkedCard

Edited: 06/27/08 1:04 AM

p

6/27/08 1:03 AM
MarkedCard

Edited: 06/27/08 1:12 AM

nm

6/27/08 1:12 AM
MarkedCard

Edited: 06/27/08 1:13 AM
The fact that the black population of Canada is only 2% makes the election of a black leader meaningless as far as evidencing racial tolerance.  It's like when Norway, a virtually homogeneous country, talks about how tolerant they are. 
6/27/08 1:39 AM
MarkedCard

Edited: 07/03/08 10:27 PM
deleted due to asininity
6/27/08 1:43 AM
ABE FROMAN

K-dub?
6/27/08 1:48 AM
MarkedCard

Edited: 07/03/08 10:27 PM
deleted because posted in bad mood
6/27/08 7:35 AM
BodyandSoul

fearlessthinker -  Abe,

Fair enough. If you would like the Africa ground to be a safe harbor from racial discussions and more a place to chill and relax i understand and accept that. I will limit my posting to such.

"I agree 100%. Diversity brings a unique set of problems, more diversity=more problems. America is just about 40 years ahead of the world, with the exception of the balkans."
So that promise lasted 1 hour... not that I care... just saying...
6/27/08 7:38 AM
BodyandSoul

MarkedCard - "K-Dub, somebody posted an uncomfortable fact.  Please make it go away."  
Still trying to figure out what the fact or even the point was... I'm a bit thick.

6/27/08 6:00 PM
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. MY BAD!!!!! She's hot!!!!

sorry abe, she's into white guys.
6/27/08 7:16 PM
ABE FROMAN

Kona Silat - LOL. MY BAD!!!!! She's hot!!!!

sorry abe, she's into white guys.
Why are you apologizing to me? She's 50 years old, I don't search out 50 year old heads of state. Fuck that.

6/27/08 8:15 PM
ABE FROMAN

GT99 - 
sorry for venting but I just saw something that brought this up, I just dont get what is wrong with people
You see what's wrong with people daily on this site.

6/28/08 1:09 AM
DARKSON

I'll be the bad guy.  It bothers me to see an attractive and or successful black woman dating outside of her "race." 

Now, I personally don't beleive in race from a scientific perspective.  Meaning, genetically I don't think that there is a difference between "races."  Now from a social POV, this bothers me because blacks have taken so much abuse in recent history and for a black woman not to choose a black man as her mate makes me fell like she thinks that a black man is not good enough to meet her standards.  Now I know that this may not be the case in every scenario but we have many black people to this day who feel like they are better that other black people based on various factors e.g. complexion, upbringing, hair texture, etc.

Also, attractive, successful black women dont grow on trees.  Remember, we are the minority here in the U.S.  When a first class black woman decides to get with a white guy, that makes one less good woman for a brother to settle down with.
6/28/08 1:19 AM
DARKSON

Are you black?
6/28/08 1:23 AM
DARKSON

Educated and financially successful?
6/28/08 1:58 AM
DARKSON

hook her up with a friend
6/28/08 7:16 AM
BodyandSoul

I was shocked when she said this but she told me that statistically, black men in the U.S. are more likely to go to prison than college. That really made me think.
This isn't true by the way. It was based on some very sloppy statistics. The fucked up thing is that it was anti-racists who propogated this myth thinking it would shock people into acton; rather, it ended up 'validating' a lot of people's racism.

6/28/08 10:57 AM
ABE FROMAN

I have absolutely no problem with it and consider a white man in that type of relationship authentically cool. It shows you don't fall for society's bullshit.
6/28/08 11:13 AM
BodyandSoul

I only have a problem with it because I saw her pictures and she's hot. If you ever wanted to trade her for a cute Irish redhead (with the stereotypical temper to match), give me a call.

I do have a problem with people who say they will only date those of a certain race (e.g. black women saying they'll only date white men) and I get really annoyed by white women who say that they'll only date black men because they're buying into and perpetuating the stereotypes that some of us try so hard to dispel.

I do understand Darkson's point. I used to say I would only date black women because I hated the perceived tendency for successful (not that I'm successful but I'm working on it) black men to go for white women. But as I got older I realized it was stupid and now refuse to politicize love. Choosing or not choosing partners based on their race seems a sad commentary on how far we still have to come.

P.S. I love the AfricaGround!

6/28/08 12:07 PM
BodyandSoul

YOU ARE THE MAN! But unfortunately I'm pretty much married and for all my complaining am very fond of her (unless it's PMS time of course).
6/28/08 12:10 PM
BodyandSoul

P.S. Keep her... hotness aside she looked like she's an absolute doll (you can see it in her eyes).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.