UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Party prep

6/23/08 10:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm having a party in a few weeks and was wondering if I might be smart to precook some chicken, and finish off on the grill as needed.

It's going to be a combination graduation party for my daughter/my birthday party.

In addition to pizza, burgers and dogs for the kids,
I was thinking about doing some pulled pork and precooking some chicken the day before the party... to make things a little easier on myself.

Thoughts/ideas?
6/23/08 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
drunkenfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/23/08 1:01 PM
pizza, burgers, hot dogs, chicken and pork?

You running a restaurant over there?

After many successful parties under my belt, if there is one piece of advise that I can give it others - it is to keep it simple . . . and I personally think that you are doing way to much. Concentate on quality - and not quantity. Choose a few of the foods above and do them well. Bigger does not always mean better in the food world. Unless you are feeding a small army - I would not serve so much.

Personally, I would stick to the pizza, burgers and dogs for the party - and do the chicken and pork on a more "adult" occation on another day.

Good luck.

BTW - precooking the chicken works pretty good - just don't overcook it before it is finished off on the grill.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.