UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Demitra to Canucks

6/24/08 4:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PR
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You heard it hear first. Demitra is a former client of ex-player agent Mike Gillis, who is now the Canucks new GM. They will announce this on July 1.
6/25/08 12:26 AM
Steamfitter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's gay, bro.
6/25/08 8:43 PM
R-Mon

Actually do you know what's really gay? The Canucks picked up Wellwood.
7/2/08 5:09 PM
yusul
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's funny. undermotivated and underachiever who can't take hits. perfect on vancouver.
7/2/08 5:47 PM
R-Mon

God. I can't believe we went from bad to worse. Sundin for $20 million?

Someone should tell Gillis if he really wants to be the leaf's GM, he should go apply in Toronto.
7/2/08 6:06 PM
PR
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:(
7/2/08 10:14 PM
Big Pete

Why would they want Sundin though for 10 million a year???

I think Demitras best days are well past him but he is good on the PP ad very skilled.
7/3/08 7:08 PM
R-Mon

I'm gonna slash my wrists next year. Naslund signed with the Rangers for 2 years @ $8 million.

Apparently Gillis can't do math.

Naslund: 25 goals + 30 Assists = $ 4 million

Sundin: 32 goals + 46 assists = $ 10 million

Naslund gave the home town discount to another team. How the hell does a GM mess that one up?
7/4/08 3:03 AM
Mark1

lol@replacing Naslund with Sundin.

Mark
7/4/08 3:26 PM
PR

Mark1 - lol@replacing Naslund with Sundin.

Mark

You have no idea how much of an upgrade that actually is.
7/5/08 3:28 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whiny soft swede for big wooden toothed bald bull of a swede with more offensive upside. At least it should lead to less moping if it pans out.

Really it's just to help Bob Cole so he can just bark "Sundin" at any of the Canucks and at least be right or close some of the time.

I do like the Bernier pickup today, and there's more to come. Not totally sold on Gillis but he at least seems to be sticking to a plan.
7/8/08 2:40 AM
PR

it's coming....
7/9/08 2:54 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hehe worst kept secret ever.. Just enough that it'll probably fall apart and not happen now that everyone expects it & he even said he wants to sign with them.
7/9/08 2:27 PM
Stryfer

I'm a Leafs fan that thinks that we may actually contend for the cup one decade, but even I don't think Sundin is worth $10M a year.

His hesitancy to go to Vancouver or other teams that are willing to shell out more money is leaving many to believe Sundin will ultimately just re-sign with the Leafs.
7/10/08 2:37 AM
Spankenstyne

There is talk that Sundin is in Vancouver at the moment and may be part of Gillis' announcement tomorrow with Demitra.

We'll see how accurate that is though.
7/10/08 4:42 PM
PR

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243038&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY SIGN FREE AGENT FORWARD DEMITRA

After the high-profile depatures of Markus Naslund and Brendan Morrison, the Vancouver Canucks have finally added a name to their roster. The Canucks have signed free agent forward Pavol Demitra to a two-year, $8 million contract.
7/10/08 4:42 PM
PR

Just like to say I told you so 16 days ago.
7/11/08 1:35 AM
Spankenstyne

Now if only you were actually the first ;)
7/11/08 3:05 AM
PR

Yeah well I could be the first posting random shit I made up, but I'd rather be accurate.
7/13/08 2:23 AM
Spankenstyne

Eklundsayshwhat? 
;)  

True enough and you're normally on the mark anyways. This one was just all over the place for some time, though you were indeed the first one to bother to post it here.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.