UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THANK YOU UG!!!! Delaware NO BAN!!!!

7/1/08 12:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
poleverisor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got home from spending the past 10 hrs. at the Delaware state Capitol building in Dover. I successfully fought the Ban on MMA in Delaware. Myself and some legislators were able to get the law re-written and passed through the house of representatives, it is now in the Senates hands. the "new" bill will call for state regulation of MMA in Delaware. This will, in the short term, put a moritorium on MMA in Delaware but will not ban the sport we all love.

Thank you to all of you who wrote letters and called. Your voice was deffinately heard. At 2pm today I wondered into the state capitol building on a hunch and a prayer and left after changing legislation that was 3 years in the making.

Thank you all. I will be writing a follow-up to this tomorrow, with the contact info. for the Representatives who took up our cause and really made this thing happen. Please let them know how much you appreciate them.

thank you,

The Poleverisor
7/1/08 1:00 AM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most, MOST non-heinous! Right on, man!
7/1/08 1:23 AM
bigD13B
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi.... I'm in.... Delaware....

Jokes aside that's great news! Way to put in the effort to get it done!
7/1/08 1:35 AM
PrinceAlbert
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep up the good work!
7/1/08 4:13 AM
MountainMedic
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for gOODwORK

7/1/08 8:19 AM
blackbeltinfu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When and how long will the "moritorium on MMA in Delaware" be??????

I've got guys scheduled to fight there in August?????

Thanks in advance for any further info. 
7/1/08 8:26 AM
bcolflesh
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

poleverisor - thank you very much for your efforts.

If you could give us more info on the moratorium - when does it take effect? Could you elaborate on everything that you did and who you interacted with?
7/1/08 8:49 AM
Rox19
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yay! I'm happy to hear that! I was born in Delaware!
7/1/08 9:16 AM
GROUNDCONTROL
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great work. Hope my letter helped your cause.
7/1/08 2:02 PM
lifesabeach

Ground Game Fight Line, Owner

Hi........I'm in......Delaware.....too. ;)

Fingers crossed the bill passes!  X  

7/1/08 3:22 PM
Kirik
2024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 Tremendous news! Thank you.
7/1/08 6:04 PM
poleverisor

Gotta Head to Practice I will be putting out the list of all of those in the State that helped our cause last night.

To eloaborate on a couple things:

1) the bill passed through the Senate this morning at 3:09 am.

2)MMA is legal in Delaware NO BAN!!!!

3)The moritorium is only until the State regulators can put an advisory committee together, which won't take long and rules for the state can be put forth. I am working on this very aggresively right now to get done asap. I cannot guess the time frame but if I had to guess somewhere in 60-90 days. That may be wishful thinking, but I want this program running ASAP! I'm trying to promote 2-3 shows this year.

4)John your the man, thank you for the letter and thank you to everybody that wrote and called. The lady at the reception desk kept commenting to me how many people called. This issue recieved more calls into the Republican House office than any other issue yesterday. GREAT JOB!!!

5)Thank you to Mr. Ed Hsu who has probobly suffered more by this than anybody, Ed you are a standup guy that has done a great job with MMA in Delaware, despite critism by some. You have always been more than fair to me and my fighters. I assure you, we will get things moving down here asap. When negotiating this deal I was trying to look out for the sport as well as you. If MMA would have been banned it would have taken years to get reversed. Up until 6 pm yesterday this bill was going to pass as originally written. MMA would have been banned. It took law makers 5 years to write the original bill to ban MMA. It took the MMA community less than 24 hrs. to Turn that bill around and make it work for the growth of our sport. thank you to all.

Brad Pole
7/1/08 7:19 PM
erisian23

Woot - grats! Way to give the Delaware state legislature the Pole!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.