UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Gas at $7 a gallon

7/26/08 12:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, 250's make great commuters. Makes sense now huh? All it takes is one ride to see whats up. Welcome to the club. ;)
7/26/08 6:35 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm trying to bring in JDM diesel engines.

I think a S13 with a RD28TI diesel would be fun and still get 35mpg.
7/27/08 1:34 PM
kanotoa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard Ford makes a 60 MPG diesel car but it isn't sold in the USA. It is also probably craptastic and will probably break in less than 10 years.
7/27/08 1:35 PM
kanotoa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it wasn't so expensive I'd love one of those diesel motorcycles, they can get 100-150 MPG and are designed to take kerosene, or just about any type of oil.
7/29/08 5:35 PM
samichlaus
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/29/08 8:45 PM
big_slacker - In my case I'll just pay the extra. My wife has a decently economical car (scion tC) and I have my motorcycle.

I thought you had an Audi?
7/30/08 12:37 AM
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

making a motorcycle a diesel would be absurdly expensive

also too i ride my 250 everyday rain or shine...seomtimes not having a world of torque can be a good thing
8/1/08 11:16 AM
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sami, I had that audi for a while but had some hard times during the dot com crash and had to sell it. I've since moved from tahoe to vegas and due to no snow and rarely rain I'm a full time MC rider and lovin it.

"Nah, they won't eat ramen, they'll max out their credit cards eating sushit at trendy restaraunts"

Ain't that the truth. Hard to expect any different when our government has its cards maxed out as well.

"making a motorcycle a diesel would be absurdly expensive"

The army runs diesel KLR's. Apparently they run forever and sip gas. There is also a small production bike called the thunderstar that uses a VW lupo 1.3l engine. Gets retarded good mileage, 150 mpg or 100 if you use the 'performance' version.
8/3/08 3:04 AM
ShakeNBake
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ouch
8/3/08 2:27 PM
kanotoa

Those diesel motorcycles may very well cost more than a car. The KLR one would be a better bike IMO. I think it was designed to be tougher, more reliable, and run on a much wider variety of oil. VW's are not as reliable IMO and if you tried to put biodiesel in it it would break.

I heard that Thunderstar has crazy torque too, more than the 2200cc Triumph Rocket III. They are totally different bikes, one is an enduro, the other is a hooligan bike.

I just installed a bigger counter sprocket (14T) on my CRF 230 and I really like it. It brought my revs way down and I use the torque more than revs. I got 70MPG on my last fill and that was with some off road riding, most of this was with my 13T. I am going to try and really stretch this tank to see if I can get into the 80s.
12/20/09 11:41 AM
samichlaus
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$7 a gallon? Sheesh!
12/20/09 11:34 PM
kanotoa

It's just around the corner I say!
1/1/10 11:56 AM
samichlaus

*drives to gas station, hmmmm..nope...*

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.