UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> terrible....

7/2/08 2:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bradu
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

last year at the trade deadline when the Pens picked up Marian Hossa, I was so happy! Finally my favorite player was on a team I liked! For this first time since the 90's, I actually had a favorite team, a team to root for! That lasted not even half a season.

What's worse? Hossa goes from my favorite team to the one team I absolutely despite. Pittsburgh also loses Malone, my next favorite Pen.

So now, I don't have a favorite team. I don't even know if I have a least favorite team anymore. I guess I can pray that the move to Detroit helps Hossa's stats, and if they win again, at least my favorite player will get a ring out of it. But for me, this free agency has been a worst case scenario come true...
7/2/08 2:18 PM
Stryfer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Pittsburgh lost Hossa, Malone, Roberts, Hall, and backup goalie Ty Conklin. And I thought the Leafs were going through a major overhaul!

But don't worry bradu, Pens still have Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Gonchar, and Fleury.
7/2/08 5:36 PM
bradu
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah but the reason I liked the Pens was because they got Hossa....all those guys you mentioned are great players, but none were particularly favorites of mine. Hossa has been my favorite player since I watched him win us the cup here in Portland (WHL) 10 years ago. So I've been waiting his whole career for him to get on a team that I like! (Ott I didn't mind, Atlanta was way too wimpy)

Malone is a kid who last year really started to impress me, not only did he step it up offensively but he added toughness to his game as well. Gotta love that. So those were my 2 favorite Pens.

Crosby and Malkin and Fleury are all top notch prospects, which is why it made it easy for me to like the Pens. They're still a great team, no doubt, but I no longer have any emotional attachment to the team.
7/2/08 10:13 PM
Big Pete

I think Malone was a big loss for them.
7/3/08 12:01 AM
sslt75

Malone wanted 5 mil, took 4.5 from TB, but wouldn't stay home for 4? Makes no sense to me, at least test the market before taking TB's money.
7/5/08 3:35 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malone has been lifelong friends with Lawton (through his dad)& the Bolts also had hired his dad to work with their scouting dept.

The oddest thing is TB hasn't really addressed their main issue, which is defense/goaltending. They did make out like bandits for Boyle but he was a huge player for them and I don't think will be replaced right away with what they got. Offense wasn't their weak point, I guess they expect to win 10-9 all year lol.
7/5/08 3:53 AM
PR
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, so many goalies flying around too, surprised TB didnt pick up one.
7/5/08 3:58 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kolzig, but at the end of his career and not what most would call an improvement.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.