UnderGround Forums

Oregon Underground >> Info on Portland?

7/2/08 7:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
imanley
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey all, I'm probably be moving up there after school is finished for me. I was wondering if anybody can give any good areas, and decent places to find housing and the like. I'm not too picky about places but I obviously don't want to be in any bad areas. Also places to train too, I know Lindland is up there but other places? Any and all feedback/help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
7/3/08 5:27 PM
Slowbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey manly, I would say Portland is your best bet if you want to train. There are many options here:
TEAM QUEST
SBG
braveheart and many others.

I personally live 45 mins away from Portland :(.
7/3/08 8:23 PM
imanley
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks I'll probably check out the schools in the area, but was interested in peoples opinions and experiences of training and places around the area.
7/16/08 6:20 PM
Kurt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reach Advantage MMA & BJJ Pro Shop, Owner
There are tons of good places to train. any area you move to, will have a spot. Portland is broken up into four main quadrants: NE, NW, SE, SW. Within those area's are all sorts of suburbs. Gresham, which is not part of portland (but is attached) is in the SE/NE side. The SE (close to downtown) is the most expensive to live. The further out you go from dntwn, the cheaper. for example, if you lived in a 2 bed room apt on 17th and SE Stark, you'd pay about $800 a month. on 122nd and SE Stark, it drops all the way down to $600 a month. and 122nd isn't a bad area. PDX's bad area's are real small pockets, so not a lot to worry about.
7/16/08 8:14 PM
imanley

Cool. thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I have done some research but wanted to get some info from people who know the areas a bit better. Also wasn't there a thread somewhere about open mats on Saturdays or something along those lines?
7/30/08 1:23 PM
PittWrestler
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For all the best local info you should go to the message boards at FCFF.com has all the open mat rolls, dicussion on camps, local ams - pros etc.
7/31/08 7:53 PM
imanley

sweet I'll check it out!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.