Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Yuki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/08 3:44 PM

7/2/08 7:54 PM
ABE FROMAN

This is an interesting story, I look foward to hearing more. It's funny things like that too. My mother and Grandparents were alive and kicking for segregation, yet I never heard any stories about it until I was WELL into being an adult. My mother said that she didn't want any of that for me....
7/2/08 7:55 PM
ABE FROMAN

It's also interesting that when I was born we were barely out of the segregation years, yet everybody speaks of it like it was 100 years ago.
7/3/08 3:27 PM
Brendasu

ttt!
sorry my phone died!
7/3/08 5:31 PM
Yuki

Glad to see GT99 taking up the slack in my absence. LOL Seriously man, feel free to post your stories. I'm not claiming this thread as my own.

Brendasu, no prob. :-)

7/3/08 6:18 PM
Yuki

7/3/08 6:21 PM
ABE FROMAN

Yuki - THE STILL
Anyway, the guys were black, and asked my cousin why he didn't shoot him. My cousin said, "I'm loaded with buckshot, and I ain't wasting that on a (N) unless I have to". I was shocked, but they BOTH started cracking the fuck up! 

The guy ended up fixing a small hole in the still from my cousins shot. And to this day they still work together and are the best of friends.
This is a TRUE story? That is SOME shit there....I've never heard of such....but it's nice that it turned out good.

7/3/08 6:26 PM
Yuki

Abe, every story I'm gonna share is true!
7/3/08 7:26 PM
Yuki

7/3/08 8:36 PM
ABE FROMAN

Yuki -

The irony is this man spent his whole life as a biggot, only because that's how he was raised. But died in the arms of someone who he thought of as a (N) had every right to hate him, but instead befriended him.

We still don't know what a n****r bath is! LOL

Dude, you've led an interesting life....that's fucking crazy.
7/3/08 8:42 PM
ABE FROMAN

MarkedCard - Starting on "criminal" could be a whole 'nother thing...

Anyway, I never heard anyone from my large extended NYC and Croton family use racial slurs (though they weren't too nutty about Jews). My father and Uncle Rocco (who went to work fixing the tracks at age 13 to send his older brother to college) told me that their black coworkers were the hardest working of the lot. What didn't hurt this pre-existing positive view was a black man saving my Uncle Ed during a stampede of fans at Yankee Stadium running from a fire, I think it was.  The other man laid on top of Ed, who even at that suffered a broken back, but the black man died.

My mother is Italian, but she and her sister were raised by a very strict Austrian woman, who I guess was a friend of the family somehow or took in orphans.  She had actually lived in Nutley, New Jersey, her father was a pharmacist, and they had a maid who came in.  Anyway, her father started fooling around with the maid. Her mother told my greatgrandmother, who would routinely sit around in black robes and shawls and place evil eye curses on anyone who offended her code of honor.  Upping the ante, she took a gun on the train to New Jersey, gave it to her daughter, who promptly shot and killed her husband.

My mother never told me this, and I only found out about ten years ago when my mother's older sister told my sister.  I've never discussed it with my mother. My mother only told me---and she was little when it happened----that her father fell down the stairs and died, and her mother had to go to a TB sanitarium, where she could only visit her by looking through bars, and she died there.  Maybe it was a prison hospital, but it definitely was prison.

Actually I'm getting kind of choked up writing this.  My mother is a very suspicious person, and very hostile to flirty women, but I can certainly understand why. This was off topic but it just came out.

See, THIS is the reason I come to this board, there a few people who have these awsome stories but we never get to hear them. It's like a fucking movie....
7/3/08 8:48 PM
Yuki

MarkedCard,

Thanks for sharing that story!

7/3/08 9:10 PM
Yuki

your dad was an awesome man, and you sir, have a heart of gold.

7/8/08 6:02 PM
Yuki

still have a few more if you guys are interested.  
7/9/08 1:04 PM
kot1k
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/29/08 10:16 AM

don't need to post here anymore.

7/12/08 8:19 AM
Posty Magee
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/29/08 10:07 AM
Ausgepicht

Jacques, I deleted that post, because it was disruptive, off-topic and wasn't in any shape or form conducive to discussion. We get that a few of you don't like this forum, but making posts on most of the threads taking shots at the forum will get deleted. If you have personal issues with someone, please e-mail each other instead of taking it out on the forum, by posting some type of criticism on many threads. -Joe
7/29/08 1:04 PM
Ausgepicht

Jacques, it's not on the topic of the thread. That's clear, no?

"Then please explain to me how a thread titled "story," followed buy a period, is ON topic as prescribed by the stated goals of this subforum?"

What that statement tells me is that you are unaware that this is a COMMUNITY subforum. For example, if you go to the Canada COMMUNITY forum, you will see people talking about things unrelated to Canada. Why don't you go over there and give them a hard time.

Or why not instead admit your misunderstanding of what a community forum is? Be the bigger man and admit you're wrong and stop bringing up that the threads are off-topic when COMMUNITY forums can be about ANY topic.

"I wouldn't bring my grievences here."

Another misunderstanding you have is that this forum is for YOUR grievances. It's NOT. Use e-mail for that.

"Who's more disruptive overall in your opinion, the moderator who abuse there power because of personal issues, or they paying members who point this problem out."

The paying member that isn't aware of the site rules, staying on-topic within threads, being disruptive, and stirring up trouble is just as bad if not worse that the moderator who is abusing his power.

Sorry, man. You are just wrong on this one.

7/29/08 2:22 PM
Ausgepicht

Jacques you are acting obtuse.

Obviously, it's redundant to mention that "disruptive" comments aren't "on topic". C'mon man.

"Because nobody on the Canada forum is going out of there way to move my threads off of the Otherground."

Canada forum doesn't have a bunch of people trolling and being disruptive and making threads on the OG about having Kirkir delete it.

Your grievances are ABOUT this forum. That's the difference.

"With all due respect, If you believe that, I don't think you shouldn't be a moderator either."

I have consistently been told, I am one of the more fair moderator's. You are just an angry person that is trying to make other's as angry as you.

It won't work.

This will be the last post here on this. You don't like this forum, don't come here. Simple as that. Take your grievances up with Kirik.

If you join in the discussions like everyone else and allow a flow on the forum, you will find everything is OK. If you continue to harass people about why this forum is here, or continue to be disruptive I will remove those posts, and if I have to ask Kirirki to restrict your access here.

Again, if you don't like it, don't come here.

-Joe

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.