UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Carnie Cuisine?

7/2/08 11:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are your carnival/fair favorites?

I'm partial to the homemade ice cream, and the fresh roasted sweet corn. This year I'm going to try one of these smoked turkey legs I keep hearing so much about.
7/3/08 9:29 AM
crescentwrench
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not in love with the turkey legs.  Usually closer to turkey jerky in my experience. 

I always go for those dick long corn dogs, funnel cakes, and if it's a TX fair calf fries. 
7/3/08 9:34 AM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gyros
7/3/08 10:09 AM
MikeZev
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zeppole!
7/3/08 11:58 AM
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funnel cakes

mini sugar donuts(basically funnel cake)

Sausages

slushies & cotton candy

nachos/cheese
7/3/08 2:31 PM
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calf fries?

What about Navajo Tacos? Those big in other places, or is that a Utah thing?
7/3/08 5:39 PM
crescentwrench
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup, Calf fries.  But only at the local fair near my hometown.  A local boys home had a booth every year and made awesome calf fries and curly Q potatoes.  Oh hell, curly Qs!.  Forgot those. 

I don't think I've ever had Navajo tacos at a carnival but have had them before.  And fry bread, which if you put powdered sugar on it is kind of a funnel cake. 
7/3/08 10:39 PM
Mullet @ Heart

Calf fries = Veal cut into strips and deep fried?
7/3/08 10:40 PM
Mullet @ Heart

*returns from Google*

Fag!
7/3/08 11:13 PM
crescentwrench

lol, bull nuts!  Nothing better.  A little hot sauce, maybe au jus, delicious.  If they're done right they have kinda the texture of a chicken mcnugget but nice beefy taste.   When done wrong they're horrid.

That's nothing though, frying anything makes it edible.  When I was growing up there was a guy who'd hire some Mexicans of questionable citizenship during cutting time.  They would throw a testicle on the brand fire for a minute or so, then lop the top off and eat it like an ice cream cone.  They wouldn't even wait for it to explode, which is the universal signal for "your testicles are done".  That is hardcore. 
7/3/08 11:29 PM
Mullet @ Heart

No fuckin' thanks.
7/16/08 3:50 PM
Rhymenoceros
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is gender betrayal.
7/16/08 3:53 PM
MasterGumHo

Sausages with the peppers and onions.
7/16/08 8:38 PM
alpo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol.. how did I miss this thread?

To answer the question, I hate all carnival food....
7/17/08 11:12 AM
Lou Dukes

Arepa and Fried Oreos

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.