UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Has anyone eaten TRUFFLES ?

7/4/08 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SE7ENFOLD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the chocolate ones, but the really expensive fungus?

I know why they are so expensive, but what do thay taste like, are they THAT flavorful?
7/4/08 2:08 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They taste like dingleberries and swiss cheese.
7/8/08 11:33 PM
dendawg
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had pasta with truffels in them and it was delicious. I dont know how to describe the taste...a slight hint of badassness and a tang of tasty shyyyyyyte.
7/9/08 9:37 AM
crescentwrench
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, but I smelled some dark truffles under the locked plexiglass box when I was at the grocery store.  $1,000/lb is a bit rich for my blood, even if I buy a gram.  For that price shouldn't you be able to get a bump or attract a hooker or something?

They smelled like the ground. 
7/9/08 4:29 PM
Izzy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a prank, I gave my old roomate a shot of truffle oil. He had horrible burps for hours.
7/12/08 9:38 PM
SE7ENFOLD

I had some Shrimp and Truffle Spaghettini tonight, but the truffles must have been in the oil form.

It did however taste very good!
7/15/08 1:12 AM
warcake
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a Cheeseburger from DB Brasserie that had Foie Gras and Black truffles on it.  It was alright.  It wasn't worth $30 though.
7/27/08 6:11 PM
BaldTony
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought my Dad a very small truffle for Christmas last year, because he had always wanted on. He said it tasted OK but didn't justify the cost
7/29/08 3:18 AM
alphafemale

yes. The first time I had them, I wasn't sure if I liked them. The next time I had them, I was hooked.
7/29/08 8:48 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i use truffle infused oil for my shrimp and mushroom pastas.
7/30/08 4:18 PM
SE7ENFOLD

I heard it described as an UBER Mushroom taste.

I'm only starting to like mushrooms, so should I just stick with the oils until my taste for shrooms have grown?

I do have a sherry and truffle vinegarette ( well, kinda creamy dressing) which I enjoy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.