UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Good driver for beginner?

7/11/08 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimm1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was given a set of clubs when i started by a friend. i am nowhere near good enough to spend the $ for a whole new set but was wondering if i could up my game a little with a new driver or am i all wrong?
7/12/08 10:22 PM
qballs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hit the r360xd better than the burner and that goes for $30 on ebay. You can def up your game for a few dollars by buying a 4-5 yr old club online. The advertisements try to convince you that the new technology is amazing but in reality its not that much better than a few years ago.
7/13/08 12:14 PM
Grimm1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/13/08 12:14 PM
i have a no name with 12 deg loft that is probably 10-15 yrs old. small head & i would assume smaller sweet spot too. a guy i play with has a Ping with 11deg that i have hit a couple times & i don't seem to shank it as much when i use his. i sure don't need to go out & spend $400 on a new one when i have no idea what i am looking for. i have seen some stuff online that says a higher degree loft is better for a beginner but all the decent used ones i have seen are 9 or 10 deg.
i have seen the Hippo's at Sports Authority & they also have a Maxfli that reviewed pretty well & i think it was under $100. thanks for the info guys.
7/15/08 2:06 PM
MMAfan26
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you have a Play it Again Sports around? Check Ebay maybe.
8/3/08 3:56 PM
Fathead D
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to get a good club for reasonable chek the sale rack at a local driving range or Golfsmith stores have a used rack.
8/3/08 7:12 PM
Grimm1

ended up getting a TM Burner & love it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.