UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Chris Davis vs DJ Taylor II.....

7/14/08 11:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FullBlastJKD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will it happen this weekend, or will something prevent it yet again?

my vote...Davis by 36 hit Mortal Kombat combo followed up by ripping out Taylor's guts and stomping on them fatality move! Or a babality!
7/15/08 4:44 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taylor by KO in a shocking upset. So Taylor is going pro? lol.
7/15/08 9:51 AM
Lightningkickbox
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought that DJ was on his way to 170???
7/15/08 12:40 PM
gorillagrappling

That is DJ Watkins. DJ Taylor is on his way to 370.
7/15/08 10:57 PM
countrypimp

LOL!
7/16/08 6:51 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Lane was being sarcastic until I realized he was talking about armhunter lol.

DJ Taylor is rumored to be a on a hard core weight cutting regimen and is hovering just a shade above 250...if said "shade" weighed 75 pounds.

Taylor by KO in a shocker!
7/16/08 10:03 AM
Lightningkickbox
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, wrong DJ. Dammit man!!!

OK. So Chris Davis is 205-215 and is going to fight a guy who has cut to 250? Not a good idea for his second Pro Fight. Chris needs a decent manager. Anyone? Strangle? Why don't you manage Chris? Someone needs to guide his career the right direction here.
7/16/08 10:26 AM
Stranglehold26

the right direction would not be to fight some Bumfight Champion who outweighs him by a good 70 pounds that he HAS ALREADY BEATEN!!!

As we all know, anything can happen in MMA. Good pros get KO'd at Toughman comps...it happens. Why risk it for zero career reward?

What does a "W" against a guy who literally is nicknamed "the redneck thug" do for his career....NOTHING, and a loss to him is far more damaging.

Bad move IMO. Lane has overhand windmilled KO punched the correct here....just hope the same doesn't happen to The Chris Davis.
7/16/08 10:45 AM
Lightningkickbox

Since the event is probably unsanctioned, will the fight count? Who knows for sure?

I think Seth would be an awesome manger to keep a good fighter headed the right direction and get them the money they deserve.

And, its called an overhand right, not a windmill. Geeeesssshhh!
7/16/08 10:52 AM
Stranglehold26

if it is coming from the redneck thug...it is a windmill...trust me lol, and thanks for the kind words! I would love to manage fighters!
7/16/08 8:14 PM
countrypimp

The Chris Davis: please get with a good manager and ONLY stay in Sanctioned events: you got too much going on to risk on someone with that nickname!!
7/17/08 8:14 AM
gorillagrappling

Davis is trying to be a nice guy and fight Taylor on his pal's card. His pal who also happens to own the gym in which Davis trains. His other pal who trains him.
7/17/08 9:08 AM
VinceTA

ttt
7/17/08 10:07 AM
Lightningkickbox

We hope to have The Chris Davis fight for us on Sept 27 in Gadsden. And, no, Lance Whyte is not a possibility this time.
7/18/08 12:16 AM
countrypimp

aw, come on, Lane! what's wrong with Lance Whyte? Let them fight if they wish to fight.
7/18/08 6:28 PM
FullBlastJKD

I HIGHLY doubt any upset here. I beleive Chris promised DJ a re-match. Apparantly DJ claims that he hurt his shoulder in the fight, causing him to lose...not the choke that Davis had him in.

Double G...do I sense some animosity towards the crew at Headhunters, or is it just the head coach himself?
7/19/08 2:26 PM
gorillagrappling

Neither. I just posed a theory as to why he is taking the fight. That is all. I like Mike and all those guys. It is the ONLY real good reason to take the fight. To help the show itself, because it does nothing to help Chris's career as a fighter. That's all. And they sstill owe me money. LOL.
7/19/08 5:38 PM
armhunter

I too, am on my way to 370
7/21/08 11:04 AM
Stranglehold26

results?
7/21/08 2:18 PM
Lightningkickbox

Davis broke his hand (Supposedly real bad) and had to quit the fight. Now he won't be able to fight in Gadsden, which sucks.
7/21/08 2:21 PM
Lightningkickbox

Davis should stay near 205 from now on.
7/21/08 2:31 PM
Stranglehold26

so he lost due to dr stoppage? I said this shit was a bad idea.
7/21/08 2:46 PM
Lightningkickbox

Yes. A TKO loss. I was told that after the bell ended the first round, he went back to his corner. Then, when he was supposed to come out for the second, he just went to his knees holding his injured hand. The Doctor did not stop it, Chris did.
7/21/08 2:53 PM
Stranglehold26

wow...that's all I can say.
7/21/08 5:01 PM
mmaobsession

no we (chris's corner) stopped it. davis told us after the bell he broke his hand on dj's face early in the first minute. still absolutely dominated the entire round. we told him we wont let him continue. he would have had absolutely no problem continuing to fight if we said keep going but its only an exhibition fight and hes moving on to big things and its not worth it. id like for someone to get the video loaded on the internet i was cornering and didnt get to record it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.