UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Chris Davis vs DJ Taylor II.....

7/21/08 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why did you guys let him fight that guy? No disrespect intended at all...just wondering since he has such a bright career ahead of him. Why let him fight a guy when he has nothing to gain...and obviously (an injury and a loss) to lose?

Is this mike t.?
7/21/08 7:07 PM
countrypimp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bad move.
7/21/08 9:09 PM
FullBlastJKD

mmaobsession is Paul, another one of the fighters from Headhunters'. Mike doesn't lurk here at all.

sucks that Chris messed up his hand. I'm sure he will be back before long and will most likely move on to better opponents.
7/22/08 8:57 AM
gorillagrappling

"...but its only an exhibition fight and hes moving on to big things and its not worth it."

Again, no disrespect, but it was not worth it BEFORE the fight. Fighting an "exhibition" against a much heavier guy who he already beat...WHO SUCKS! That is not worth it. Now he has one of the worst injuries you can have as a fighter. One that lingers forever. PBF breaks his hand every time he whacks off. And he is whacking off into 12 oz gloves.

I hate to see that happen to one of my friends.
7/22/08 9:15 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/22/08 9:15 AM
from the newspaper a few days before the fight:

"MMA is combination of boxing, wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu...that's three olympic sports" says DJ Taylor.

Since when did BJJ become an olympic sport? Thank god the reporter didn't fact check...they might have portrayed MMA/Toughman fighters as dumb.
7/22/08 10:41 AM
Lightningkickbox
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF is an "Exhibition Fight". I have done 103 shows without one, so why do Promoters feel the need for them? Is it because they can't match people by weight and experience? Why bother with a fight that does not count? Who is paying the medical bills for Chris now?

So many questions!
7/22/08 11:10 AM
Stranglehold26

an exhibition match is a fight between a pro and an ammy. Titling an "exhibition" match makes the promoters feel better about this practice and usually results in both fighters being paid.

Why bother? It gives the promoters a chance to sell tix.

Who is paying his medical bills? I would guess the promoter...who I think is also his coach.
7/22/08 11:52 AM
Lightningkickbox
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outstanding!! Maybe I'll try that sometime.

Not!
7/22/08 1:35 PM
mmaobsession

chris will be 100% and back to cracking skulls again real soon.
7/22/08 1:37 PM
mmaobsession

and about the bjj as an olympic sport, perhaps he got confused with pan-am games or something. i hope in the future we see mma as an olympic sport.
7/22/08 7:04 PM
Lightningkickbox

We sure will miss him in Gadsden. And, he had a really good payday coming.
7/22/08 10:50 PM
armhunter

mmaobsession -  i hope in the future we see mma as an olympic sport.

Ditto. And I think there shouldn't be weight classes in olympic mma so that Anderson Silva can fight Fedor!!!!
7/23/08 12:25 AM
countrypimp

Alabama is nothing but an exhibition in MMA. And, dammit, we're proud of it!!
7/23/08 6:13 AM
Stranglehold26

MMA will never be an olympic sport...and if it was it would be ammy only and probably involve headgear, shin pads etc.

BJJ has a much better chance of becoming an olympic sport. With Judo already there...hopefully BJJ is not far behind.
7/23/08 11:20 PM
countrypimp

^^^^too true!
7/26/08 12:19 PM
Lightningkickbox

Any Word on Chris Davis? How is his injury and how long till he is back cracking skulls?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.