UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Video of My Swing

7/15/08 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gforce
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here it is...

http://www.integramax.com/golf/swing.wmv

I know that it's ugly... In addition to being laid off, the biggest problem is that I'm pulling my head back on the way down--leading to a lot of toed and thin shots...

The one thing I'm playing with over the last day or so is to get the weight off my toes. I am on my toes bigtime in this video.

Got two lessons scheduled over the next two weeks.

Hopefully, that will fix things.

Still, suggestions from people here would be greatly appreciated.
7/16/08 12:20 AM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not working for me.
7/16/08 12:27 AM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/16/08 12:28 AM
 here's me about 3 months ago at the beginning of my swing change:

7/16/08 6:51 AM
Gforce
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try cut and pasting it to a browser. I tried it from PCs at home and work and it's up...

AC, your swing is SMOOTH. Mine is not.
7/16/08 7:57 AM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/16/08 10:41 AM
 For Gforce:  Not a terrrible swing at all.

A few things I would suggest:
  1. Stand taller - your shoulders are slouched forward and your chin is tucked.  Where is your left shoulder supposed to go when you turn?  Lift that chin up and pull your shoulder blades back (A good check for this would be to address a ball and then place the crown of your driver on the top of your head with the shaft running down your back...it should touch your ass...yours would be out in the air behind you)

2. Swing from the ground up - you're starting your swing with your arms which is taking the club on an out-to-in path.  Start your swing by shifting your weight left.  Some people like to think they're squishing a bug with their left foot.  I like to place a golf/tennis ball next to the instep of my right foot...when I start down I want to "nudge" the ball towards my left foot (you might also get some help with this if you take the buttplug out of your ass and the sandals off your feet homo...Padraig Harrington swears he picked up 10 yards by changing shoes...they have technology that helps)

7/16/08 10:38 AM
Animal Chin

bk, i was drunk the ball was below my feet.  that was about 10 swings into my swing change.  we were talking about it in my living room and i just wanted to see what the new shit looked like and didn't feel like putting on shoes.

i was putting it up for the hell of it.  the guy filming it has an offer to instruct at butch's school at rio, he's the only person i listen to.  thanks, though.

it's a little different now.  when he gets back from houston i'll get him to take another and i'll put it here.

so far, gforce and myself are the only ones with the balls to put our swings here.  come on pussies.  let's see what you got.
7/16/08 10:43 AM
BigKiller

Dude,

I was talking about Gforce's.

You've got a good swing.  You're a little straight legged compared to me.  Your swing is actually like a buddy of mine's.  He hits the ball a mile but his misses quite often leave the park (some of them would leave Yellowstone).
7/16/08 10:46 AM
BigKiller

But seriously, LOL @ both of you fags not wearing shoes.

Honest tip for everyone:

Practice in what you will wear to play.

I fall in the bad habit of fucking around without my knee brace on (I can NEVER play without it).  If I do this too much, my weight shift gets all fucked up (I can't shift to my left without the brace).  It really fucked up my chipping/pitching at the beginning of the year.
7/16/08 10:57 AM
Animal Chin

BigKiller -  But seriously, LOL @ both of you fags not wearing shoes.

Honest tip for everyone:

Practice in what you will wear to play.

I fall in the bad habit of fucking around without my knee brace on (I can NEVER play without it).  If I do this too much, my weight shift gets all fucked up (I can't shift to my left without the brace).  It really fucked up my chipping/pitching at the beginning of the year.
again, we were drunk and talking about changing my swing in my living room.  i just wanted to see what he was talking about.  i took a few practice swings and hit one ball, not practicing.  hell, i was standing outside my shop and hitting towards the street. 

you're right, but  i wasn't going to put on shoes for one ball.

7/16/08 11:34 AM
BigKiller

I know what you mean.

I always practice chipping in the living room and try to land the ball on/in various targets (on a certain couch cushion, over the dog, into my old man's bowl of chips if he's over watching golf, etc).

I'm just saying that I got myself in trouble doing this without my brace on.
7/16/08 11:47 AM
Animal Chin

"into my old man's bowl of chips if he's over watching golf, etc)."

lmao!
7/16/08 11:49 AM
BigKiller

That's a tough shot....especially if the lob wedge is in the garage and I'm using a 52.
7/16/08 12:02 PM
Animal Chin

wtf would your clubs be doing in the garage?  mine stay in the living room.

7/16/08 12:12 PM
Animal Chin

here's the other corner:

i think i have a problem.  i either need therapy or i need to open a golf shop.
7/16/08 1:05 PM
BigKiller

Dude,

I have a full blown golf lab in my garage.

I'll take some pics soon.
7/16/08 1:11 PM
Animal Chin

you should see the shit i have in my parent's garage in arkansas.  i have a demo of every iron made in 05 with every loft and lie angle.

i probably have a dozen sets and no telling how many drivers.  i don't sell anything.  i think i even have an old set of the old wilson nicklaus muirfield blades laying around here somewhere.

lol, i even have a set of the bimatrix shaft irons in arkansas.  i'm a fucking golf nerd.
7/16/08 1:24 PM
BigKiller

Word up golf nerd.

People come over to my place and I'm like "Dude, let me get out the fitting board and impact tape and we can check your lie angle"
7/16/08 2:02 PM
Gforce

I almost always wear shoes wear my shoes when I practice. Even at the range, even in the yard. I was just dicking around with this.

Standing taller is definitely going to be key for me. I am definitely going to try that ASAP.
7/16/08 2:08 PM
BigKiller

try the check with your driver.
7/16/08 4:47 PM
Animal Chin

"My swing was like yours before (not quite so ugly) but now its really quite nice."

where is it?
7/16/08 4:52 PM
Animal Chin

another guy that works at the course.  behind him is the head pro, who all the caddies could beat.
7/17/08 8:15 AM
BigKiller

I do find it someone funny that guys that struggle with their own swing are doling out advice.

*cough* DIGGS *cough*

Just fucking with you.
7/17/08 1:13 PM
BigKiller

I'll check it out when I get home.
7/17/08 2:28 PM
Animal Chin

lol...    wtf, diggs?
7/24/08 8:37 AM
Animal Chin

Steve W - diggs just took up golf like a year ago right?

Maybe he's a fast learner and BK and AC need to take notes.

:)

where is his swing?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.