UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Hey B'ham guys..anyone heard of Paul Rhodes

7/16/08 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reagan123
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/16/08 4:11 PM

Just curious... there is a thread on the BJJ forum questioning this guys credentials...

Anyone know if this guy or his gym... is he legit?

Doesn't really matter to me, but figured someone here could clear it up.

http://www.goumakarate.com/jiujitsu.htm
7/16/08 5:11 PM
countrypimp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think this guy's been exposed already.
7/16/08 5:29 PM
Hiza Geri

He had some guys at the first ABJJF tourny that placed in beginners' divisions, I think. I'm sure he's got some guys who are OK at that level (doesn't take much), but I doubt he has any advanced students, and his lineage is DUBIOUS, at best.
7/17/08 4:29 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the guy's BB is complete bullshit. He claims to have trained under "Prof. Terry Noussolia" from American Samoa for 5 years. Hmmmmmm...a black belt from someone nobody has ever heard of and you got in only 5 years?

He also couldn't tell me who gave this mysterious Noussolia his Black Belt either. Dubious? No. Complete and utter bullshit? Yes.
7/17/08 6:23 AM
Hiza Geri

Ever the pessimist...
7/17/08 6:48 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how is that pessimistic? Just calling it how it is...

Unless you tend to believe that this guy is some BJ Penn like prodigy who got his BB from some guy who just happens to have ninja-like web stealth in 4 years.

You could always believe that...I tend to believe otherwise...troll.
7/17/08 6:55 AM
Hiza Geri

LOFL!! How does my post equal "troll"???! "Weak Sauce", remember...

LOL
7/17/08 6:56 AM
Hiza Geri

Apparently, they have "decimated" the Canadian "BJJ Blackbelt" on the Atama forum. THAT is toolage.
7/17/08 6:57 AM
Hiza Geri

And hey, the guy is pudgy, like BJ, so he COULD be a bjj black prodigy, just like BJ, I mean,....
7/17/08 7:01 AM
Stranglehold26

yeah...they really owned that dude bad...one of my favorite threads of all time for sure.

Rhodes is about to get the same treatment it looks like...that thread is starting to take off.
7/17/08 7:15 AM
Hiza Geri

BTW, when you look at that pic of Rhodes and the 3 whites; the bald guy on the right, isn't he the one that was at class Tues.? Maybe not, but they sure look alike.

He said to me, "slow roll..?" I, of course, said, "yeah, I'm a jj puss, so I'll start on my butt." He then proceeded to use all his weight, speed, and "smashiness" to TRY and pass my guard. Didn't work. Nice guy, though. Just wondering if he is an "undercover tool".
7/17/08 7:23 AM
Stranglehold26

I was wondering who that guy was...nobody seemed to know. He was all muscle for sure...I am gonna check the pic again....developing...lol.
7/17/08 7:29 AM
Stranglehold26

looks like it could be. I know that dude was tatted up...and it looks like, although it is hard to tell, that the dude in the pic has a tat showing near his neck sticking out from his gi.

How was his game tech wise? I didn't get a chance to roll with him because once I witnessed his spaz on you and todd I was thinking it was the last thing I wanted to do a couple days before a tournament.
7/17/08 8:32 AM
Hiza Geri

Early beginner. Kept on putting his hips on the mat and turning sideways, trying to pass my guard. Back mount road kill. He did have some of the first steps to passing starting to work for him (meaning he knew some of the first steps to a guard pass).
7/17/08 9:07 AM
VinceTA

ttt
7/18/08 12:21 AM
countrypimp

man, there are so many assholes out there claiming to be a black belt and have no credentials! I got an idiot down here claiming to be a 3rd degree black belt under Renzo and has a 50-3 amatuer rec...from florida.

Naturally, no proof anywhere. I think idiots like this should be taken out to the nearest field and shot!

They are bad for the sport and give everyone a bad rep.
7/18/08 6:26 AM
Stranglehold26

disappointed to see no "4 toes JJ" guys listed on the tournament competitor list on the tourney website.

I wanted to enter the advanced big man division to get a shot at Noussolia's student.
7/18/08 7:00 AM
Hiza Geri

Unfortunately, this area already has a history of fake bb toolage.
7/18/08 7:00 AM
Stranglehold26

tooling fake bb's is not unfortunate.
7/18/08 7:05 AM
Hiza Geri

Ah... the "toolage" was meant to mean "those who claim, falsely, to be bbs and then procede to take money from innocent people who don't know better".

"Toolage", in the form of "tooling the tools who claim, falsely, to be bbs and then procede to take money from innocent people who don't know better" is ABSOLUTELY OK! It is even ENCOURAGED.
7/18/08 7:06 AM
Stranglehold26

I dare say sir, it is indeed Encouraged.
7/18/08 1:43 PM
countrypimp

shoot them, I say! shoot them!
7/18/08 6:25 PM
Stranglehold26

worse tha shooting them, the Atama BJJ forum has been released on them. Bad news as these things always end badly for the posers.
7/19/08 10:12 PM
countrypimp

GOOD DEAL! Tired, Tired, tired of them damn fools!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.