UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Sundin to Canucks

9/9/08 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He still badly wants to play for the laffs, The question is have they moved on?  I suspect the meeting with Montreal wasn't as it's being taken. Wish he would just make up his mind.
9/14/08 4:58 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like as I suspected the Habs after meeting mith Mats have moved on & picked up Lang. I still think (and as Stryfer also said) it's either Toronto who doesn't want him but he wants to return to badly, or Vancouver.
I'm finally at the point where I hope he ends up back in TO. He'd be a nice addition but you want guys who really want to play for the team.
9/14/08 7:17 PM
Steamfitter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

montreal has given up on sundin.
9/15/08 3:53 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its sad, but I still hope he signs with the Nucks... theres just no one else out there anymore. Parrish?
9/15/08 9:57 AM
Stryfer

If Sundin doesn't retire, I think he will do what Teemu Selanne did last season and come back to Toronto a month or two after the season begins.
9/16/08 4:13 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh ya, Ive said a bunch of times I think hes pulling a Selanne/Neidermeyer, but wont admit it.
9/18/08 7:59 PM
R-Mon

Guys. Sundin's been honest the whole time. He says he wants to sign with a Stanley Cup contender so that's what he's going to do... in March.
9/18/08 10:42 PM
Steamfitter

unrelated to sundin....anaheim is hella over the cap, they are fuxored.
9/19/08 1:45 PM
Stryfer

^Kind of is related though, since a lot of teams not even interested in Sundin had deals on hold waiting for the teams that WERE interested in him. Anaheim's situation with Schneider is a perfect example of Burke waiting for Sundin to make up his mind so he could potentially deal with a team interested in Schneider, who was putting that on hold until the other team could see where Sundin was headed.
10/4/08 3:52 AM
Spankenstyne

I don't think he's pulling a Neidermeyer, remember his reasons for declining the no trade clause opt-out, he wants to play a whole season (or close to) with whoever he plays for. I gotta think he's making a decision one way or another soon.
10/23/08 5:29 PM
Stryfer

There were reports today that Sundin has begun on-ice training and will possibly want to join a team in December.

To be honest though, as much as I wanted him to come back to the Leafs at the start of the season, I think he would be better off joining a cup contending team now, and it would better for him AND the Leafs.

Here is what the Leafs should do:

They already have about $10M spare laying around, so unless Sundin accepts to play for $1M, I would much rather prefer them use that money to acquire a younger top level talent next July 1. I might be wrong but I think Marian Gaborik and Jarome Iginla will be unrestricted free agents. We should be able to get one of those guys or some other marquee player.

Toronto will likely finish last or second last this season, which lets us grab John Tavares in the draft. Trade Toskala for a couple of draft picks (at least 1 first rounder) and bring in Pogge in goal for Leafs next season, keeping Cujo one more year to serve as mentor for the young Pogge.

Rest of the young Leafs will have adjusted to Ron Wilson's coaching system with Schenn as our best defensemen, bring in Iginla, Tavares and another first rounder from trading Toskala, and you've got a competitive team.
10/25/08 5:19 AM
Spankenstyne

Iginla is signed through 2012-2013. He isn't going anywhere. He already gave up potential UFA to stay in Calgary for below market value.

Gaborik I guess is a possibility. There's also a lot of chatter that his best bud Demitra is trying pretty hard to convince him to come to Vancouver in the offseason (if he doesn't get traded and sign an extension). Canucks still have 9.5 mill I believe at this point so hopefully something is figured out soon.
10/26/08 3:57 AM
PR

Worst. Prediction. Ever. Spanky.
10/27/08 3:17 AM
Spankenstyne

PR - Worst. Prediction. Ever. Spanky.

Fail.

Art's "The leafs will win it all this year" already claimed that prize.
10/31/08 3:06 AM
Spankenstyne

I still think he may sign with Vancouver
10/31/08 8:37 AM
Stryfer

It's a possibility, but I think if he doesn't come back to Toronto, he will want to sign with a team that has a good chance of winning a Stanley Cup, and I don't think Vancouver fits that bill. And he doesn't need their money.
10/31/08 1:59 PM
Steamfitter

jeez, just let this thread die folks. No need to continue embarassing Spanky.
11/3/08 10:51 AM
Spankenstyne

The curse cannot be lifted!

Besides not too much going on in here atm.
11/4/08 11:31 AM
Stryfer

He might join Anaheim... he's meeting Brian Burke this week and there are 4 things Sundin wants that Anaheim can offer:

1) Anonymity
2) Warmer climate
3) Doesn't have to face the Leafs (Ducks already played them this year)
4) Good chance to win the Stanley Cup

He may even take a significant paycut (maybe 1 year, $2M contract) because of the cap situation in Anaheim.

Sundin and Selanne on the same line? I like...
11/6/08 12:30 PM
Spankenstyne

Good.

I mean damn ;)

Anaheim is a good place for him
11/11/08 9:21 PM
Spankenstyne

This just in from Wend, er "WC17":

-----------------------------------------

It was one more sign that Mats Sundin won't be back as captain of the Maple Leafs.

A SOLD sign, in fact.

Sundin's extravagant Forest Hill home sold late last week for $5.7 million.

The house, an eight-bathroom, four-bedroom stunner, was Sundin's main Toronto residence since he purchased it in September 2003.

The 37-year-old Sundin, a certain hall of famer and one of the Leafs' greatest captains during his 14 years in Toronto, is reportedly working out in preparation for a return to the NHL. But his final decision and final destination remain unknown.

Sundin originally purchased the home for $1.7 million, then dramatically renovated both the interior and exterior.

A totally redesigned front leads into an open-concept living area that looks out on to a pool, hot tub and limestone patio.

High-end finishes abound inside, including a wine room panelled in walnut, and cherrywood wine racks in a climate-controlled wine cellar that can hold up to 300 bottles.

The main bedroom takes up the entire back half of the top floor, while the basement features a spa, steam room, exercise room and access to an underground garage.

The original asking price was $6.49 million, and after it failed to sell, it was brought back on the market at $5.9 million before selling last Friday.

The city taxman also loved the $38,000 annual residential tax fee on this one.
11/15/08 3:11 AM
Spankenstyne

bleh he keeps putting it back, now they're saying mid-late december.

I can't pretend any longer, trying to trick the curse only prolongs this nonsense..   Please sign with toronto mats.
12/18/08 6:36 PM
PR

Nice job Spanky!!!

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN
12/18/08 7:12 PM
Stryfer

Interesting...
12/19/08 1:59 AM
Spankenstyne

lol fuck the curse got me again! Can't mess with the curse.

Oh well hope he does alright, can't hurt to have a big body at center that can score. I woulda preferred some youngsters instead, but he's a freebie for the rest of the season.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.