UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Masters Degrees For LEO's?

7/18/08 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cycklops
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking about plugging away at a class a semester or so. Unfortunately a great majority of it may have to be on line. Any suggestions on what type of degrees will help you advance in federal LE?
7/19/08 12:28 AM
chaseb1
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MBA is usually an all around good degree to have as far as Federally....probably will never help you but does expose you to some good things that could help with some investigations. Mostly though, just shows you're trainable, willing/determined enough to jump through hoops and expanding your outlook. I know it sounds cheesy, but just my .02 cents.
7/19/08 2:40 PM
cycklops
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The time is coming very soon where you wonj't promote higher unless you have that Masters. I'm wondering if they'll look at it the same as having a BA in order to get hired. It didn't matter wha the degree was, just have one.
7/19/08 5:21 PM
chaseb1
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it helped me get a higher step level when i started out and as i got promoted, but it's not a huge difference in pay. it might be a deciding factor on promotion to a different position/group, but all depends on the criteria.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.