UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> what first? lessons or fitted clubs?

7/19/08 5:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimm1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chicken or the egg? I have only been playing for 2 months or so. was given a set of clubs by a friend (wilson staff tour blades). I have read several threads on here saying cavity back is the way to go for a beginner.
I have checked some out at the local PGA store & spoke to one of the pros there. I said I was looking at the ci7's (Diggs) & he said he prefers Mizuno but that it was only a matter of choice kind of like what make car you drive.
I don't have a problem shelling out $$ for lessons or clubs but I don't want to throw money away buying clubs when I really should have gotten lessons and gotten a decent repeatable swing before I got clubs. Can I buy clubs that I like & feel good then use them while i work on my swing or just keep using what I have & take lessons first?
7/19/08 8:28 PM
Grimm1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5'10 ...even if i got new clubs i would still get lessons. i was just wondering if i would get more results by getting clubs that are geared a little more towards a beginning player then taking lessons with them or will lessons be better first no matter what clubs i use.
i looked at 3 sets....the wilson ci7 , mx25 & calloway x18. i didn't get a chance to hit any of them though because i had my daughter with me.
7/20/08 2:06 AM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lessons first.

7/21/08 8:00 AM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lessons...it's not even a question really.
7/21/08 9:27 AM
Grimm1

wow not even close---thanks guys
7/21/08 10:27 AM
Gforce
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lessons.

Only exception is someone 6'5" and taller.

I think the more accomplished players here would agree that a dude 6'6" is going to develop shit habits (stooping over, etc) even with lessons from regular length clubs.
7/25/08 8:20 AM
Grimm1

OK--have my first lesson next week

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.